New ARB Series III RTT

I am wondering if anyone has or has seen the new series III RTT. I know there was some complaints about the Series II and ARB suppose to have addressed those issues. I like how they look and I am able to get one at cost so I need to make a decision.

Paul R

Adventurer
I am wondering if anyone has or has seen the new series III RTT. I know there was some complaints about the Series II and ARB suppose to have addressed those issues. I like how they look and I am able to get one at cost so I need to make a decision.

I have seen it it looks like a great tent and I would definitely pick one up if I could afford it... PM cruiseroutfit on the board he has been running one for a couple months now and can also get you the hook up on a new one :cool:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
They changed a lot of things on the Simpson III, thicker hingers, better hardware, ladder, better screen material and a unique telescoping bow system for the awning and the front door bow, so you can stretch them much tighter. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, give me a ring :D

overlander

Expedition Leader
Cruiser, how about a write up? I've been waiting for a good review, as I'm going to be getting an RTT when I get back in the spring, and I can't decide between the ARB III or an Eezi-awn. The ARB is comparable to a 1400 in size isn't it? I'm not sure if I want to go 1400 or 1600, but if I go 1600 then I guess it's the eezi-awn. Can you help me decide?

cruiseroutfit

Can you wait until my next trip, possible this weekend :D I've got a couple shots of it open around camp, but just background shots, nothing definitive of the actual unit itself.

overlander

Expedition Leader
I'm stuck in Iraq...I can wait. Thanks alot! Look forward to it. Love to hear anyone elses opinions as well on the ARB III versus the Eezi-Awn

cruiseroutfit

I'll tell you right off the bat my experiences with the Eezi-Awn are limited to camping next to them on numerous occassions. So while I've had the opportunity to climb in and out of quite a few different models and inspect the details rather closely, I've never owned nor spent a night in one. However I have spent a considerable amount of time in both Mombasa versions as well as both the ARB Simpson II and now the ARB Simpson III. I'll see what I can do this weekend.

COJeeper

Observer
Ok, I have been lurking and learning for the last two months on this site. I just recieved my new ARB Series III RTT on my dock at the office. Sweet!!! I researched every RTT on the planet!! I spoke with Paul at Equipt1 and really liked the EziAwn's. However It came down to the Ezi and the ARB III. For the off road trailer I have, I chose the ARB. I liked the vestibule aspect of the new series III. It arrived Tuesday packed very nicely, double boxed with the tent and the ladder upright sitting vertically on a pallet.
No damage from the freight company and I am a happy camper.
As I carefully opened the boxes and slid the tent out I was very happy with quality.
I found some time (My server went down) to install the aluminum mounting tracks to the base and installed the ladder in my office. I have yet to install it onto my trailer which is currently being painted to match the Jeep. I will post a review when I get it mounted and setup for the first time. My first trip with the tent will be from WI to CO in July. Thanks to all on this site! It is filled with a wealth of information and knowledge.

COJeeper

Observer
New ARB RTT Mounted on my latest Project

ARB installed at office this morning on my Rocket Box Tailer

Attachments

• Adventure 1.JPG
    Adventure 1.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 333
  • Adventure 2.JPG
    Adventure 2.JPG
    353 KB · Views: 301

cruiseroutfit

Sorry for the delay on detailed pics. I spent the last 4 days roaming through the Great Salt Lake Deset in 70's vintage 4x4's, camping gear and clothes. While spending the night on the rocks of an Indian cave I was really lusting for my Simpson III :D

I'll try and free up some time for the compare/contast on the Simoson II/III change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz