New ARB Series III RTT

Mayne

Explorer
Is the annex big enough for another cot on the ground, or say a large kennel? Anybody with dimensions?

Thanks

Mayne

logos

Observer
Thanks for the review and pictues. The tent looks stellar. How much does it weigh? I looked on their website but couldn't find anything.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Is the annex big enough for another cot on the ground, or say a large kennel? Anybody with dimensions?

Thanks

Mayne

Kennel sure, the cot not likely. The annex takes up around 5'x6' on the ground, depending on the tent's location on the vehicles. If its center mounted on a wider rig you'll get less ground cover than a narrow rig or offset mounting. Also remember you'll have a ladder dropping down into that space. So while it is a very comfortable spot to sit in out of the sun, change clothes/shower or store things out of the elements... I don't know that a cot would have quite enough room? Maybe one right against the vehicle under the ladder??

Thanks for the review and pictues. The tent looks stellar. How much does it weigh? I looked on their website but couldn't find anything.

Weight is ~100lbs, guesstimate here based on shipping weight but thats pretty close.

kb7our

Explorer
Anyone with the Simpson III annex what is max height for mounting the tent and not run out of annex length?

Wade

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Anyone with the Simpson III annex what is max height for mounting the tent and not run out of annex length?

Wade

Kind of surprised a vendor could not answer...after a little research annex height is 7'.

Sorry for the delay Wade, your research is spot on. We played with one the other day and figured it's workable in the 6'-7' range, just over 7' being the max. Of course shorter options are easier to work around than longer ones, there was a thread just last week about ways to tighten up the loose material on low height annex installs. PS you have an email.

kb7our

Explorer
Sorry for the delay Wade, your research is spot on. We played with one the other day and figured it's workable in the 6'-7' range, just over 7' being the max. Of course shorter options are easier to work around than longer ones, there was a thread just last week about ways to tighten up the loose material on low height annex installs. PS you have an email.

No worries Kurt. I appreciate reading your insights, your follow up, and your business practices hence why I am doing business with you once again!

Wade

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
Yes, The Annex does have a 4th wall. It can be removed at will.

It does not have a cutout for the door. I just put it up for display at the fair and didn't get much time to play with it.

I will be going on an expo in 1.5 weeks and will play with it more.

-Ben

The 4th wall does have a cutout for the rear door of a vehicle. I closed the front door & left the rear open to access things when needed.

-Ben

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
I am looking into adding a second RTT to my Maggiolina; relocating the Maggiolina back on the trailer and mounting a "traditional" RTT on the Jeep. I really like the OverZone plus made great experience with Autohome tents; however, the OverZone is rather pricey compared to the Simpson III and I don't know of any Autohome dealers here on the Eastcoast, which means shipping costs are substantial, while the ARB RTT is available at - gulp - Cabelas. I'd love to support our sponsors here but, especially for large stuff, you guys are all on the wrong coast.

Was anybody able to compare the Simpson III with the Autohome OverZone (or Overland)? Any first-hand experience with the Simpson III?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior