604171464_oKb8T-XL.jpg

604171525_nTdE6-XL.jpg

604171589_ixJA5-XL.jpg

604171698_Pv5mD-XL.jpg

604171740_ajpuP-XL.jpg

John

rokklym

One Man Wolfpack
Looks like a great trip! I love all the photos, you and your family all have a great eye for photography. I'll see you soon at the Central ADV rally.

scarysharkface

Explorer
Looks like a great trip! I love all the photos, you and your family all have a great eye for photography. I'll see you soon at the Central ADV rally.

Thanks. We took a boatload of pictures, but none of them touch yours from this Spring. Truly beautiful images that inspired us to go West as well.

Looking forward to seeing you at CADVR as well. It's getting close!

John

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
I decided to join this morning and found this and 5 hours later, I am ready to head west out of Indiana myself. Thanks for all the great images. Glad you had a safe fun trip.

Last edited:

timh

Explorer
Man this thread is killing me while I sit here at work feeling claustrophobic:box: I need to get up that way soon, it has been too long.

The pics are amazing, thanks for the time killer!:wings:

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Pictures and Pages

John,
Thank you so very much for sharing. I adore your family! My wife and two daughters haven't quit made this kind of an adventure yet but seeing you and yours has inspired at least me.
I just did much of this trip in two pieces. Cortez, Durango, Uray to Moab last year and then the North Rim a couple of months ago. Oddly enough I even have the same colored JK! My family simply didn't get it in my off-road trailer but those KOA cabins were a hit!

As was mentioned prior....you are a lucky man!
:iagree:

scarysharkface

Explorer
John,
Thank you so very much for sharing. I adore your family! My wife and two daughters haven't quit made this kind of an adventure yet but seeing you and yours has inspired at least me.
I just did much of this trip in two pieces. Cortez, Durango, Uray to Moab last year and then the North Rim a couple of months ago. Oddly enough I even have the same colored JK! My family simply didn't get it in my off-road trailer but those KOA cabins were a hit!

As was mentioned prior....you are a lucky man!
:iagree:

Thanks greatly.

I am reminded how lucky I am at every turn. I certainly "married up" as the saying goes.. :)

The beautiful thing about the KOA cabins is that they're a known quantity with nearby showers. As you are aware, that makes it so much easier to get the rest of the family on board for an adventure. It would be wonderful to have an off-road trailer with a rooftop tent and a galley, but I'm probably never going to have the $$$ to spend on something like that in this lifetime (I want too many things already). As far as Tracy and the kids are concerned, that's probably just as well.. :sombrero:

John

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Just caught up with this trip report. Great shots, good stories and cool family trip. Has all the right ingredients for a memorable family vacation. Well done! :victory:

scarysharkface

Explorer
Just caught up with this trip report. Great shots, good stories and cool family trip. Has all the right ingredients for a memorable family vacation. Well done! :victory:

Thank you! I hope to be able to return. Really I think I'd like to take the Overland Training course, then just hit the road, but that may be a while off yet... :smiley_drive: :bike_rider:

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles