Backpacking tent repair parts

I need a source for a repair part. I have a tent with three aluminum poles that are secured at each corner and the middle. The tent pole attach point is a cast part that is threaded onto a nylon strap. The pole fits over the cast part and is held in place by tension and a small rubber O-ring. The whole part is about and inch and a half long and about the diameter of the tent pole. One of six of these parts broke at the point where it is threaded onto the nylon strap. I need to find a source for parts. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks very much. I've tried a local backpacking shop and searched the internet. REI came up in my search, but doesn't have anything close.

kai38

Explorer
Sounds like a North Face tent.
A good outdoor backpacking/camping type store should sell a tent repair lit for about $6.00, it will have adhesive ripstop repair tape, section of bunjuie core for the tent pole & a sleeve to slip over a broken pole & screen door patch with needle & thread. Add some duct tape to it .

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Boulder Mountain Repair. They used be in the Table Mesa shopping center, but now they are here in Lafayette near the EarthRoamer shop.

Give them a call and see what they recommend.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Most REI shops have local partners that repair tents, backpacks, shoes, etc.. Try REI and ask what they can do. I just new pole sections for $7.

Seldom Seen

Observer
Stitchlines is the local REI partner, but I can guarantee you'll get better service and a-lot faster turn around if you contact Phyllis directly.

Post up a pic and I *might* have what you need in my gear repair box. My beloved Walrus tent decided to play tumbleweed when a gust of wind came up the other day, while it was set up to dry in the yard. Phyllis said it was beyond hope so I placed it in its final resting place today. I salvaged a few poles and parts to add to my collection. You are welcome to one of the pole ends if it will work.

Last edited:
Here's the broken part. Thanks for your help.

3707779923_dbbe5d5f31.jpg

Seldom Seen

Observer
Humm.... never seen one like that b/4 and i've got 10 yrs working in outdoor retail. :confused:

Can you 1) tell us the brand of tent and 2) post a pic of an unbroken one and how its suppose to work.

I have a hunch that with some minor mods you could get some off the shelf standard parts to work.

Seldom Seen

Observer
Cool, our shop never carried eXponet tents, only stoves and lanterns. We couldn't compete with the Coleman store down in Castle Rock.

You could try the Coleman store, or contact Coleman directly.

I would put a grommet in the webbing tab that the pole end broke off of and then epoxy a regular pole end in the pole and call it good.

Thanks. I emailed Coleman customer service earlier today, but don't expect to hear anything other than the automated reply for a few days. I've gotten a lot of use from this tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne