Am I mad?

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Thanks, XJ Mike. This new vehicle will be for the wife, so I won't be taking it on my commute, but only on few occasions. However, I'd like to take it on longer road trips where we won't be going off-road. We will take them both on the highway to see what the road manners are like. She's also recently taken a liking to those Impreza's. They seem to get good MPG's (a little less than 30). The only thing I worry about is that it's lower, which could be a concern for safety and for getting the new kid in and out.

Also, AWD is a necessity. Not sure if the Mazda 5 has this option or not.

Last edited:
My stock 2nd-Generation Dodge Ram with the Cummins Turbo-diesel gets 21-24 mpg. The Element is a station wagon for Cali grandmas. Get a quad cab and keep an great muli-purpose truck.

Ya'll better be smilin' when you say that or I'll hit you over the head with my cane! :jump:

CR-V is definitely a nicer, more fully featured vehicle than the Element...my mother-in-law loves hers. That being said, we're heading to Bend, Or. to visit her. Instead of taking the Pilot (more comfortable up front but less legroom in the back seats for the kids) or the MDR (my first choice, but voted down by everybody else) I'll be packing 4 bikes on the back and all sorts of gear up top, with bags in the cargo area...in the Element. Kids like the extra legroom and it's an easy clean. Decent mileage, good tunes, and A/C.

Whatever you decide, enjoy! :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior