HD grills Parker. Solaire etc

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I have used the Solaire for over a year now and like it a lot. Very well made. It has an IR burner so it's pretty hot though. Not easy to cook things that like low heat and a slow cook. Overall though, I would purchase it again. I have cooked a ton a great meals on it and it still works like new. :victory:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
BBQ's galore used to offer a bitchen IR grill made by Turbo... i don't know if they still do, but i'd look into it in case.

51YH2RKZD3L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

fzsk4p

Adventurer
Thanks Big Bear !!

Here is what I found
http://www.zoobler.com/product.php?sku=SOL-IR17B+&m=&b=Solaire&c=Kitchen+(Outdoor)

If you add to cart the price I got was 266 plus shipping. Which in my case was 18 bucks.
They also had the tripod stand which they sold to me for 110. Called the order in. They had inventory and would be shipping via FED EX today. :elkgrin:

The Turbo was tempting but the heat output was a little lower and they did not have a stand. Know if we stick to the name brand all will be well !!

:chef:

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Thanks Big Bear !!

Here is what I found
http://www.zoobler.com/product.php?sku=SOL-IR17B+&m=&b=Solaire&c=Kitchen+(Outdoor)

If you add to cart the price I got was 266 plus shipping. Which in my case was 18 bucks.
They also had the tripod stand which they sold to me for 110. Called the order in. They had inventory and would be shipping via FED EX today. :elkgrin:

The Turbo was tempting but the heat output was a little lower and they did not have a stand. Know if we stick to the name brand all will be well !!

:chef:

You may already know this but Solaire also offers a very useful tripod stand for this grill. I really like being able to quickly set it up and have it level anywhere.

beernutmark

Solaire Stand

Well, based on all the threads on how great the Solaire is I got one plus stand from Zoobler.

The grilll is great :chef:! The stand, hmm...:( not so much.

Here is my take on the stand. Packed up it takes up about as much space as a rollup table and isn't nearly as versitile. It also holds the solaire at a higher height than I like to grill. About 6+ inches higher than a weber gas grill height. I wish I'd not purchased it and bought another rollup table instead.

The stainless mounting plate for the stand is very nice and I will be mounting that to my patio railing for using the Solaire at home so the purchase wasn't a complete waste. I imagine that you can get that mounting plate separately though. The tripod stand (basically a cheap musicians speaker stand) will probably be given away or saved in case my kids become rock and rollers.

Mark Alston
Collecting gear and info for a future home-built sportsmobile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior