Zodi Exteme as a Mister?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Anyone ever make a mister line to screw onto their Zodi Extreme? I figured i'd just adapt some type of mister hose and run it up the Zodi shower pole.

We are headed for a very hot place in August and i wanted to setup our Zodi as a mister for the daytime. We have unlimited river water we can use to run it.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Funny that you'd post about this Dave! I am just in the middle of contemplating something similar for the Vegas to Reno race. Would be nice to be able to set up a misting system under the E-Z-Up. I'm planning to talk to my fluid connectors source about a QD so that it can be easily swapped for the shower head.

Fish

Adventurer
I saw someone on here post about making a pressurized eye wash station into a shower. I'm thinking that it would make a great mister. Someone has a few NOS ones on eBay right now for $99.
Eye wash station

One thing I do know, a Hudson sprayer -- at least a cheap plastic one -- doesn't work for squat as a mister.

One other thing I know... if you run hard water through your mister, and have the mister set up next to your truck, you will have a devil of a time getting the minerals off of your windows to drive home. :Wow1: Luckily I (um, I mean my friend) found someone with a whole slew of lemons and used lemon juice to get the hard water off.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Dave,

What I do is use a 5 gallon soda pop keg (also known as a cornelius keg available from homebrew stores used). They can be pressurized to 100 psi with your compressor. My experience with 8 mister heads on a line is that it will run for an hour before refill. This is of course is dependent upon the orifice size of the mister head (gph). Been using my set up for years.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Dave,

What I do is use a 5 gallon soda pop keg (also known as a cornelius keg available from homebrew stores used). They can be pressurized to 100 psi with your compressor. My experience with 8 mister heads on a line is that it will run for an hour before refill. This is of course is dependent upon the orifice size of the mister head (gph). Been using my set up for years.

Mario,

So, do you think the Zodi cannot be pressurized to the psi needed to push the misters? Or, do you use the soda keg so you don't have to keep pressurizing by hand?

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Mario,

So, do you think the Zodi cannot be pressurized to the psi needed to push the misters? Or, do you use the soda keg so you don't have to keep pressurizing by hand?

The Zodi cannot achieve the pressure necessary to power the misters for a reasonable length of time. The soda keg is from my home brewing equipment. I think I bought the used ones for $35-45. all that is needed is 2 fittings, hose, mister kit and a schraeder valve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94