Zodi Hot Vent Tent Heater

Rando

Explorer
I recently bought a Zodi Hot Vent on ebay (the single burner one) and had a few questions for those of you who have experience with these.

Does anyone have experience using a Hot Vent with a Wildernest or similar largish tent (6' x 8' x 7' tall), what sort of temperature rise can I expect?

What is the approximate fuel consumption of the Hot Vent, ie how many hours can I run it on low or high off of a 1lb tank?

What sort of current does the fan draw?

Is it significantly more efficient to run it on recirculate (with both tubes inside the tent) or does it work okay drawing outside air in? If it will stay warm enough bringing outside air in it seems like it would help keep condensation down.

Mine didn't come with any specs or instructions, so I am curious how well it will perform this winter. I plan on cutting a board to fit my topper sliding window with holes in it for the vent tubes and to hang the heater from the roof racks under the flipped roof of my wildernest where it will be out of the wind/snow. I was also thinking about insulating the ducts to try and up the efficiency.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Can't help you out with too many of your questions because I don't personally own one, but I will tell you this: Zodi discontinued the tent heater because of a few meltdowns. Apparently if your battery dies and the heater remains on for an extended period it creates a fire hazard and melts some of the components.

I contacted Zodi a while back about a new version and they would only say that it is "in the works".

Pete

Rando

Explorer
Having run mine in the backyard a little I could see how that would happen. Even with the fan running, the housing gets HOT! I have an auxiliary battery that would pretty much only run the Zodi and a few LED lights as well as my pump on occasion so it is unlikely my battery would die before I would run out of propane.

Can't help you out with too many of your questions because I don't personally own one, but I will tell you this: Zodi discontinued the tent heater because of a few meltdowns. Apparently if your battery dies and the heater remains on for an extended period it creates a fire hazard and melts some of the components.

I contacted Zodi a while back about a new version and they would only say that it is "in the works".

Pete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94