Swashbuckler
I posted a gallery for the NVTR 05.

L_nvtr05_34.jpg

L_nvtr05_42.jpg

L_nvtr05_33.jpg

L_nvtr05_28.jpg

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Nice Pic's. I love you are able to write some dialog along with the photographs. It looks like you had a blast. I wonder if this experience has any influence on the planning of our rally?

Nice work Chris! Too bad you guys couldn't score any points as a team. Are you planning on going again next year?

Wil

pangaea

Adventurer
Great shots, and nice commentary too. Looks like you guys had fun. I've always wanted to go out and do that event, but just haven't had the time to set aside to do it...

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Thanks guys. I actually didn't get as many action shots as I would have liked to because I was a little busy :)

Yea, it probably has a little bit of influence on the upcoming rally, but not a lot.

No, we likely will not be doing it next year.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Great report! Lots and lots of cool pics. Very green for summer in Nevada.

Sorry to hear about the rack though and the nice digger it put in your topper. Did the tower break or the clamp that holds the rack to the crossbar? Couldn't quite tell.

Aside from a little damage,(and Greg's socks) it looks like you guys had a great time with nice campsites, eclectic desert art, cold Shiner, cool Rovers and a little speed. So why not do it again next year?

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
kcowyo said:
Great report! Lots and lots of cool pics. Very green for summer in Nevada.

Sorry to hear about the rack though and the nice digger it put in your topper. Did the tower break or the clamp that holds the rack to the crossbar? Couldn't quite tell.

Aside from a little damage,(and Greg's socks) it looks like you guys had a great time with nice campsites, eclectic desert art, cold Shiner, cool Rovers and a little speed. So why not do it again next year?

Thanks :) The towers broke. Funny thing is, they were brand new. I have used my rack with Yakima towers for almost 8 years with no troubles, and recently had a couple of them crack due to age (and UV I'm sure). So these were new replacements - it looked like there were some air bubbles in the mold that may have contributed to the failure.

As to why we probably won't be going again, it's just that it's not quite what we were looking for. Close, but not quite. We can chat about it more when I see you in a couple of weeks ;)

riverguide

Adventurer
Chris, as I said before, you've got some sweet pictures there along with a fantastic truck. Glad you and Scott had a great time and learned something in the process.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Ack! Those socks look like they need some pickin!

Ouch with the rack scratch!

Looks like y'all had fun. Kinda reminds me of Texas just east of El Paso. Barren.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
riverguide said:
Chris, as I said before, you've got some sweet pictures there along with a fantastic truck. Glad you and Scott had a great time and learned something in the process.

Hey, good to see you here! Thanks very much for the compliment. Tell me about your avatar pic. I dig it. There must be a story.

BN, yea - we actually thought it looked like some other places at various times too. One of the coolest things that happened when was we took a big gamble and decided to go off the main route onto some jeep trails to get over some mountains instead of going all the way around them (mistake!) It took us through some incredibly beautiful valleys with wildflowers and grass. The sky had become very cloudy and multi-dimensional. And at one point, we looked up on a ridge beside us to see a herd of prong-horns silhouetted against this dramatic sky. It was spectacular.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne