Corn and asparagus on the grill

Vermonster

Observer
One way to make grilling asparagus easier is to make a raft:

asparagus-ck-686148-l.jpg

I also like to use a little sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds a minute or two before removing from the grill.

VT

Finatic Angler

Adventurer
For corn, I just snip the silk off the top and remove any stray leaves, soak it in water and then grill for 20 minutes, turning four times. When it's done the silk will practically fall right off. Leave the husk on and let people remove it right before eating to maintain the heat as long as possible.

Asparagus, I just coat it in a little olive oil, salt and pepper, grill 'till it feels right (maybe ten minutes or so) and then sprinkle with fresh squeezed lemon juice.

Exactly how I do it. Comes out great!

Desert Dan

Explorer
Sounds Yummy

I soak the corn in the husk and usually put it on the grill. This time we tried it in foil

Attachments

• Corn Cropped.jpg
    Corn Cropped.jpg
    974.2 KB · Views: 31

Funrover

Expedition Leader
YUMMMMM!!!! Wife and I just bought aspar. last night... now I am rethinking how I was going to cook them

computeruser

Explorer
Corn: gently desilk, pull husk back over, tie off with sisal twine. Soak in water for a while. Throw on grill, rotating occasionally, until outer husk is charred. Pull husk back (makes a great handle), and season to taste. If it's good, fresh corn, just a hint of real butter. If it's mediocre, then more seasonings are ok to add.

Asparagus: coat with olive oil, apply coarse-grind seasonings and fresh pressed garlic. Place on grill, rotating once or twice, until cooked to your preference. Cooking at a higher heat slightly chars the head of the asparagus, the garlic, and the seasonings, without turning the asparagus to mush. A bit of coarse sea salt, and then eat. You can cook 'em the same way in the oven, using the broiler setting.

Cajun seasoning is a great thing, as long as it isn't too salty. It is great on fish and mac-n-cheese and most anything that doesn't need full-on Thai chili garlic sauce. Cajun hash browns, habanero salsa scrambled eggs with thin-sliced sauteed onions and zucchini, and some turkey bacon...great breakfast-for-dinner deal!!

93BLAZER

Explorer
The cajun seasonings bought from the store are pretty salty, as salt is listed as the very first ingredient. I usually use a homemade version i saw Alton Brown make on the food channel. great stuff.

As a side note, Good Eats is a great show. His homemade chili powder is awesome and the store bought junk doesnt even compare.

93BLAZER

Explorer
Grilled Pizza is great on the grill.

You could try making your own crust. With that, I would brush some EVOO on just the dough and put it on the hot grill (just the dough) for a few minutes. Take it off when it gets a little brown (about 5-10 min) and then bring it back in and put the sauce and toppings on and then return to the grill.

I have also cooked frozen pizza on the grill (dont have to heat the house up using the oven).

When cooking pizza on the grill, I like to use some mequite wood chips to create a little "smoked" flavor to the pizza.

In addition, use "high" direct heat at the very end to char the crust a little. (my preference)

Oh and I forgot from previous posts... Grilled onions are also GREAT on the grill. Green, yellow, red... all taste great.

Quietrover

Soak ears of corn, husk and all, in sugar water for a couple of hours, grill for 10-15 minutes turning frequently. Husk and serve with butter and Garlic and Herb Old Bay.

Marinate asparagus in equal parts olive oil, asian garlic chili sauce, toss with a big pinch of salt, grill until floppy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94