New Waeco CoolFreeze CF-40

Youngunner

Adventurer
Well folks, it's my lucky day! Just picked up a CF40 for $100! :wings: Just brought it back from Vegas to Reno and it worked great! Deals like this never happen to me!

TexGX

Explorer
Latest Update,

I had the fridge with me on a trial ride in Prescott Az. The fridge did great. I was thinking the plug might pull out, but everything stay in it's place. I had the fridge tied down to the rear floor. It is so nice having cold drinks and dry food.

TexGX

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
Well, I suppose I was going to revert to the sealed cabinet anyway as it has a tighter sound and takes up less space, thus allowing me the room to create the needed tie-downs for the Waeco. But, the ported one is so much fun! I don't see a problem with the sealed box causing a problem. The bench is actually solid, and I do not think direct vibration is a concern. With the ported cabinet in such a small space it is the intensity of the sound waves that cause the lid on the Waeco- and anything else inside it- to RATTLE!

Probably keep me from going deaf as well.:costumed-smiley-007

I dont think the vibration will hurt. I misread the question. Its the bouncing that will kill them

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
I had an Engel 45 for 5 years in my 84 Custom Westfalia which we lived in for 3 of those. The engel was great and went with the Westy when it sold. My needing a new fridge coincided with the OJ Fridge comparison. I wanted and still do want the National Luna Brand Fridge, but at the time didn't have the dollars to buy one. I bought a Waeco 50 Litre fridge based on the review and low price. We've now used the Waeco for several 1-2 month trips all over Baja, Mainland Mexico and Belize. I must say that I love the "Turbo" button which cools the fridge down very quickly. I also loves that it holds approx. 10 more cans of beer than the Engel did. As for battery consumption it is on par with the Engel, if you have a dual battery system you can go several days without deploying the solar (although if you have it why not keep solar out everyday). I keep my Waeco on the 3rd light always and this is my perfect temp setting. The only bad thing I can say is that the lid is total junk!!! You cannot ever set on it or you will break the corners off that hook the lid to the fridge!!! I need a new lid and a bag, but don't know where in the USA to get them. As for vibrations and the toughness of this piece of equipment I can say that my Waeco was strapped into my AT trailer the last few weeks as we ran the entire Baja 1000 trail all the way to La Paz. We traveled a little over 1000 miles off road and had no issues with the Waeco. We also had 3 National Luna fridges with us and they didn't have a single issue eithor.

I hope this helps someone who wants a great fridge, but just cannot afford the National Luna!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier