Goose lake 2 years later

Richie

Adventurer
This past weekend I took the wife with some friends and headed north for some camping. I was at Goose lake 2 years ago and you might remember I posted pics of that trip.
We had a blast. It was my wife's first camping trip and she absolutely loved it. By far my favorite camping in New Mexico. Enjoy the pics.
Picture535-1.jpg

Picture488.jpg

Picture480.jpg

A view to the west overlooking the lake.
Picture478.jpg

Me making some breakfast.
Picture462.jpg

Cold beverages.:coffeedrink:
Picture496.jpg

Feeding the locals.
Picture485.jpg

It hailed a few times while we were up there.
Picture482.jpg

Lichen

Explorer
I've never seen that side of NM. Beautiful! Love the beer selection, but what brand of propane skillet is that?

Richie

Adventurer
Random shots from the trip.
Picture522.jpg

Picture494.jpg

Picture514-1.jpg

Picture470.jpg

Picture530.jpg

Picture469.jpg

Picture483.jpg

Picture490.jpg

Snow, in New Mexico, at the end of July. Surprised me.
Picture473.jpg

Last edited:

Taz

Adventurer
You have to love Goose Lake! Most people don't know that NM has places like it. Keep it a secret! lol

In case you don't know I lived in NM for 40+ years and still have property by Mora, NM.

Richie

Adventurer
You have to love Goose Lake! Most people don't know that NM has places like it. Keep it a secret! lol

In case you don't know I lived in NM for 40+ years and still have property by Mora, NM.
That's what I say all the time. Some beautiful places in NM that look more like Colorado, or might I say, Alaska. lol
There was recently a sign put on the main road in Red River pointing in the direction of the trailhead to the lake. There was no one else up there camping with us. But again everyday all day there were atv's and jeep's full of people that came up to the lake.

Hank Bullis

I noticed you can camp right near the lake. Is that still possible? Do they charge a vehicle fee for camping? Thanks for any info!!

Richie

Adventurer
I'd say the closest you're able to camp to the lake is at least 30 yards or so. During the day, a lot of folks come up for the views, hiking and fishing. A campsite just feet from the lake I'm sure would ruin the experience for most. No fees. There is one outhouse, but it's in horrible condition last I was there.

On a personal note, I'll be up there 3 weeks from tomorrow!

Richie

Adventurer
Richie I'll be looking forward to your trip report as I'm planning a trip out that way in about 4-6 weeks.
I'll try to remember to take enough pics for a full report. We'll be going up in the dark so good pics will be limited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste