adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
....i've never had my grill this hot.... wholy smokes! :Wow1:

Usually 600-650 is my max..

hotgrill.jpg

Maybe next time i'll see if i can get it to loop once! :ylsmoke:

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I don't even think mine goes up that high.

I think you truly have Flamethrower Capacity!

Which is also good for Zombies!

.....Smokin'....:costumed-smiley-007

RHINO

Expedition Leader
after grilling once i forgot to turn the burners off after leaving them on to clean the grate,, i dont know how hot it got, but it emptied the tank and discolored the guage.

kletzenklueffer

Adventurer
My father in laws propane grill registers 880 degree F. I was heating it up for steaks and when I went out to throw them on , the gauge read 750. The steaks had some nice grill marks when I flipped them.

Not a grill , but an oven- in machining school we have a heat treatment furnace. It's digitally programmable. We were heating some A2 tool steel at 1750 degrees. The A2 gets wrapped in stainless steel foil to keep te steel from losing carbon. When it's pulled out of the oven at 1750 degrees, you can see the part through the foil. The foil is beyond red hot, it's semi transparent. The A2 at 1750 is plasma, not a solid. IIRC, it regains a solid state somwhere around 900-1200.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
LOL Brian :shakin:

after grilling once i forgot to turn the burners off after leaving them on to clean the grate,, i dont know how hot it got, but it emptied the tank and discolored the guage.

That's exactly what happened..... i was burning off some bbq sauce and forgot to go back and shut the grill off. Well the sauce combined with the 40 mins of burners being on high.... proved hotter than i've ever got the grill.

I don't think I've seen a grill get that hot.:Wow1:
Yeah, i've never seen any of my friends grills get to 600, let alone.. what 800?... the radiant heat was insane and the grates were gray like ash. The bbq popped and contracted when it came down in temp :D

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
That's just about the right temp for double foil wrapped frozen pizza's. Cook time is about 5 mins.

Only a bachelor would know that right?

M

modelbuilder

That's Hilarious BIGdaddy!!!
GasGrill.jpg

Maybe there IS something to this whole tooting in the Grill arrangement!

(all meant in fun, if this offends I deeply apologize)

That picture should make it to the front page of expo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles