ARB 47 Liter Fridge Noise

sandboxphil

I just bought the new ARB fridge and when its running I am getting some noise. Most other people I have talked to on the thread say there's just hums. Mine sounds like a constant clunking.

Could the compressor be unbalanced?

Is there a way to fix it or should I call ARB for Warranty... Its only 2 weeks old.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Probably something wrong. I'd call ARB. Mine came and wouldn't freeze.

Got a new one asap from ARB via the warranty service. They even paid for all the shipping. I'd contact them directly if I were you and ask if what you're experiencing is normal then go from there. Maybe even send them a digital video of what you're hearing.

sandboxphil

Just spoke to the guys at ARB USA and they had me do a few tests. They had me lift the front of the fridge up 3 inches to see if the noise went away.

BINGO!!!

As I slowly set the front back down on the ground the noise went away.

Called Auz and they are going to look into it (sounds like a unbalanced motor/compressor)

They are checking with there engineers and are most likely going to replace it.:sombrero:

Oh BTW I am Dubai and the ARB office here is useless... No English speaking people work there (yes I know I live in an Arab country but everyone else speaks english and all the road signs are in english...)

Hope to hear back tommorow! :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke