First of all, a big thanks to Paul at Equipt1 for excellent communication and expedited shipping! And thanks to Spike for the recommendation on the PPP!
(pics to follow)
Second, unit appears to be very well built and exactly as described. I installed my spare Optima Yellow Top in it and set it out on the sun porch with my Sunsei solar panel to give it a quick trial run and system check.
Worked a charm. Solar panel with limited sun still managed to increase the charge status measurably.
Next step was to get the wiring installed in the Sub. Original plan was to follow the frame rails from the engine compartment and find an ingress point in the back. As luck would have it, I was able to use pre-existing cable runs under the door sill and through the firewall and then access the cable at the rear through the removable bin that houses the factory jack.
The nice thing about this location is that the cable can be coiled and stowed when not in use.
The only challenge was the factory bolts that connect to the side mount battery terminals were a bit short. I managed to get the positive connection in ok, but the ground is not as complete as I would like so I need to search out either a longer bolt or an alternate terminal connector.
Initial run showed the input power monitor working as designed and the battery easily taking a charge. Will do some testing under load this week and update with any relevant details.
Very pleased so far.