Sour Grapes Build Thread

DrMoab

Explorer
You can easily build a bumper and swing out that doesn't rattle....even with a latch.

The secret is trying to build one on an XJ that doesn't tear the rear part of the uni-body apart. So far I haven't seen one yet that does an "ok" job except one that ties into an interior cage of some kind.

XXXpedition

Explorer
I recently was given the opportunity to fix a 1997 XJ and keep it...for free.
why do i never get those kind of opportunities???:violent-smiley-031:

well, there are some exsamples around to get ideas from......
have fun!!!

RgrBox

Adventurer
Holy Hell! That's one fine looking automobile you have there Sir!

You have to deflate the tires to get her into the garage..:sombrero:

Big Bear

Observer
You can easily build a bumper and swing out that doesn't rattle....even with a latch.

The secret is trying to build one on an XJ that doesn't tear the rear part of the uni-body apart. So far I haven't seen one yet that does an "ok" job except one that ties into an interior cage of some kind.

You have seen mine and it is no longer an issue. It is a stabel as a swing out gets. Took alot to get it that way though. Including having to weld it to the gas tank skid, but it dosn't move not even a little. And opening her up is easy and smooth as buttter.

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
i Like that Garvin swingout. I didn't think of a threaded lock before either! Maybe I should learn to weld and fab my own... :smiley_drive:

SWbySWesty

the 33'' BFG All-Terrains have been fitted to the tires and they are HUGE! Perfect for airing down or highway chomping!

Also: I've finally accumulated all lift pieces and just need to install it on September 12 at the lift party we're having in Temecula, CA!

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Ahh...the lift/wrenching party...I remember that with my WJ! I hope you're experiencing the same excitement with your lift that I did with mine! I'll be watching this thread!

SWbySWesty

hee hee hee, and you can see the lift kit boxes in the back!

attachment.php

attachment.php

SWbySWesty

How is this?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

me being very happy with the results!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 1,130
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    156 KB · Views: 1,119
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 1,118
  • photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 1,114
  • photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 1,114
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    151 KB · Views: 1,131

jamm

Observer
Nice job on the lift, looking sweet.

Not to rain on your parade, but next time you need a taller jackstand please place the additional wood under the stand rather than on top for safer support. I'd hate to hear that the wood fell off or split and someone got hurt.
attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior