255/80-17 bfg km2

mdnky

-- -.. -. -.- -.--
I'll be running these on a newer Taco or 4Runner. I know there was some interest in this tire & size on here, so I just wanted to let everyone know I spoke with a rep at Michelin a few minutes ago and these are now in production and slated to ship within 4 weeks of today. Just ordered 5, now I have to find the vehicle. :smiley_drive:

durango_60

Explorer
Good news, I would like to put these on my JK but I fear they wouldn't be worth much in snow. Unfortunately a guy from Baton Rouge isn't likely to be able to answer that question...

FireGuy

Adventurer
I'm interested to know how much taller they will be compared to my BFG 255/75/17's I'm running now.

mdnky

-- -.. -. -.- -.--
Good news, I would like to put these on my JK but I fear they wouldn't be worth much in snow. Unfortunately a guy from Baton Rouge isn't likely to be able to answer that question...

Well, I'm from Northern Kentucky originally and we had our share of snow up there. I've had other MTs in those conditions and I doubt these would be much different. Ok in the deep stuff, a nightmare on hardpack and ice. Siping them might help in that area.

I'm sure there's someone on here who can give you a review on these and snow from personal experience.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Great news. I assume I will have a truck in the future that won't fit anything smaller than 17 inch wheels.

mdnky

-- -.. -. -.- -.--
BFG is now showing them on their own site. It doesn't show up in the spec list under the KM2, but it does show up if you use the search by size (LT Metric) feature. More importantly, there's a manufacturer's part number. I'll post the part number Sears uses later on (who I ordered through.)

Size:LT255/80R17/E 121/118Q Sidewall:RWL MSPN:35737

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Just for everyone's info, the manuf. often lists the actual height of the tires. I think the actual sizes of the tires often do NOT correlate to the indicated size. For instance, per BFG's site, the 255/80/17's are 33.3" tall.

willh

This is the standard size tire for the AEV J8 Kit. I wouldn't mind having a set for my JK.

AEV_J8_Milspec_4.jpg

Will H.

mdnky

-- -.. -. -.- -.--
Just for everyone's info, the manuf. often lists the actual height of the tires. I think the actual sizes of the tires often do NOT correlate to the indicated size. For instance, per BFG's site, the 255/80/17's are 33.3" tall.

It's called nominal sizing and is very common in the industry. MT type tires are especially prone to more variation. If it were 100% true to the size, it'd be 33.063", so they're not too far off given the tread design. A lot of times the tire is less than the stated size (esp. flotation sizes) so I'll take the extra without complaint. :D

MarcM

Here is my Jk with its new tires, 255/80R17 BFG KM2s. They are load rated "E", so they ride a little rough if you have them higher than 30 psi. I like them.
pics011-1.jpg

pics015-1.jpg

pics019-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles