Four days on the trail; menu

alosix

Expedition Leader
Or last trip out I took no eggs but instead a couple of the bottles of "just add water to the line" pancake batter and an aluminum griddle. We were eating pancakes before the coffee pot percolated. The griddle is a super simple wipe it off clean up and any leftover batter stays in the bottle with a screw on cap for the next morning- refrigeration optional.

Those things rock!! normally one of my camp staples. My last time around we just pre measured some Krusteaze mix and used a bowl to mix it up. The only downside here is that the batter will become part of the bowl if not taken care of shortly.

x2 on the egg beater like contraption. We've been using those on the last few trips. They work great for scrambled eggs and sandwiches.

The last few trips we've brought a salmon fillet. They are pretty cheap at the farmers market here. I'll season one and freeze it then throw it in the cooler before we leave. Its normally thawed by the 2nd day of the trip and cooks up fast. That with some corn on the cob on the grill makes for some quick dinner.

I also have a real weakness for the jimmy dean maple flavored sausages while camping.

If you've got the storage, there's nothing like some grands biscuits in the morning. I've got a cheap coleman camp oven that sitts on top the grill, cooks them pretty well and the oven folds up pretty small.

The oven is also useful for one of my fav camp dishes. The beer can chicken :). That takes a little thought since the cook time is around an hour, on the plus side the chicken cuts really easy and the leftovers are normally used for lunch the next day.

I've done a full round of fajitas at camp as well a while back. With a little prep beforehand that isn't too hard to pull off.

Jason

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
When you eating out of a Vehicle there is alway room for Pancakes and fired apples for breakfast.
2358142013_64b69cd24b.jpg

And pecan crusted Samoan or stake for dinner!
2354953298_045cf25f69.jpg

Eat Well you will have more fun! Making it an event helps keep everyone (Kids, Wives, or Girlfriends) Happy and excited about the trip!! Also Chocolate fondu with Apples for dessert will always put a grin of everyones face at the end of a long day on the trail!
2354953306_ab02da7e97.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz