Oasis ll Reviews

TexGX

Explorer
I really like the weight of the Oasis ll and the fact I can take it off to use as a ground tent when camping in one spot for more then one night. I was hoping to get some feedback on them. How are they holding up? Are they comfortable? Any problems?

TexGX

toyrover

Observer
i love mine, i have had it on my range rover and discovery. They are a great tent, but only fit two people. I have a 15 month old son, so we are swapping to a larger tent now. The suspension bed system, gives you the best sleep. If you want a used one, let me know. Mine is in new shape. ian

TexGX

Explorer
toyrover,

I would be interested. Do you have any pics? I am guessing shipping would be expensive, but at the right price maybe worth it.

TexGX

mnfeo2

Adventurer
I love mine. As said it only sleeps two, plus our small dog. But I can take it off by myself in only a few minutes.

I weight is nice, it keeps the COG low.

toyrover

Observer
IMG_1896.jpg

Here is a pic, I will send more if you pm your email. cheers

TexGX

Explorer
Well after a few emails and a phone call, I own a Oasis II RRT. It just so happened that toyrover had someone he knew driving to AZ this week. They dropped the tent off this afternoon. The tent looks brand new. It was so easy for me to carry it to the living room and set up. I will be able to move this from car to car and from car to ground when needed. It does seem very comfortable. I am planning on sleeping in it tonight. I will follow up with some pictures tomorrow on the GX. Thanks again to toyrover.

TexGX

TexGX

Explorer
Here are a few pics of the tent on the top of my GX. I think I will look at getting a roof rack made that better fits my needs, but for now this will work. I think the move night in Prescott will be my first time sleeping in it on the roof.

TexGX

Attachments

• tent2reduced.JPG
    tent2reduced.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 187
  • tent reduced.JPG
    tent reduced.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 172

TexGX

Explorer
I had the chance to use the Oasis in the field over the weekend. All and all it worked great. It is by far the most comfortable tent I have slep in. It has plenty of room for two people and a dog. I did figure out some important tips:

1. If there is a chance of rain, put on your rain fly. I did not have it on at first, then at 3am it started to rain. The main body of the tent did well, but the zipper above my head started to drip after 30 min of heavy rain. This caused me to put the fly on when the rain slowed for a few mins. After the fly was on, everything was great.

2. This is mainly my fault not the tents, but because the bottom is elevated, the bottom of the tent looses heat. I did not come prepared for <60 degree temps. I had a blanket and pillows. If I had my sleeping bag, it would have been perfect. I need to be better prepared next time.

I am very pleased with this tent. I am looking forward to camping in it again.

TexGX

Attachments

• tentreduced.JPG
    tentreduced.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 115

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles