G-force`s Expedition G-wagon.

Gurkha

Adventurer
Alright, take it easy guys, take it easy...

Gurkha, I am still searching for my 463 GD300 here in Indonesia. Most recently I came across a 463 G300 with about 110k kilometers selling for US$22k. What do you think? What´s the price range for a GD300 in good condition?

Mauricio,

My brother in law picked up a impeccable G300 with 70,000 miles on clock for a measly US$12000, he lives in the Philippines where these things are imported in from Japan. The vehicles that come are in typical fantastic condition, since you live in Indonesia which is close to Philippines, suggest you check this avenue out too if you can. What is the condition of the G300? Have you had the chance to drive it, how is the engine condition. Does it have front end shimmy? Please post the feedback so I can give you my opinion.

mauricio_28

Adventurer
I only asked the bare basics like the km and price. I didn´t start "kicking the tires" since in order to buy a G, I would first have to sell my current rig...I´ve seen plenty of G300. I have yet to see a GD300. I have no interest in anything but a turbo diesel engine.

Gurkha

Adventurer
I only asked the bare basics like the km and price. I didn´t start "kicking the tires" since in order to buy a G, I would first have to sell my current rig...I´ve seen plenty of G300. I have yet to see a GD300. I have no interest in anything but a turbo diesel engine.

If you need a workhorse, even the n/a 300 makes good sense but turbo is always a welcome addition no matter what.

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
I don't care who you are, this looks hawt. :elkgrin:

Beautifulblue011.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
X2 Root Moose, that truck just looks perfect the stance is just great eh... Typicaly I'd like to see some narrower Tires (and I'm sure it'd look smashing on a set of 34x10.50 LTB's... is there anyting that doesn't ;) ) but those tires fit it perfectly. That is one great looking truck for sure. After crawling around under the one I did I really am impressed as I said, this is, to me as close to a 70 Series Cruiser as you can get here in the states... Too bad the "Non-Blingy" ones are just about as rare. I love that checkered cloth seat fabric espescially

G-force: I'm assuming you're falling/have fallen in love with this beast eh??? What would really get this thread back on track would be some more pics... yeah??? I think so eh ;) And as one of the violators of the OT posts I would happily delete them, I too like Mr. lee just get a bit hot under the collar at... well... Innaccurate "facts" This IS G-Force's build thread and he's got a lovely truck we should all drool over and demand more pics of (see what I did there...) instead of quibble over brands. Sorry G-Force, back to your awesome truck mate.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

G-force

Adventurer
Thanks, to you all, and yeah, allready in love with the G`s:wings:

And to be quite frank with you, i like the discussion. If it had to be anything other than a G, it would be a Land Cruiser. Probably one of the old 40`s. That would be a blast! But there are olmost non to come by, here in Norway.

Back to topic.

We have been planning this weekend, for tinkering on our four by fours, a group of friends. Baard (his name) has a 86 Defender, that needs rewiring behind the dashboard, and som regular TLC. I need to dismantle my Audi S4 for a paintjob (yes, its a four wheel drive:ylsmoke:), and do some research on the lockers on my G that has stopped working (probably just a leak) And Joar (his name) just bought his first G, a 84 230GE petrol LWB, that need some work. New wheel bearing left side, leaky ekshaust, new front brakes some rust and a general service. Changing all fluids, oils and filters. Its going to bee a great weekend, thats tops off on sunday with some wheeling, if all goes acording to plan:elkgrin:

And for you guys, nice pictures for next week:wings:

G-force

Adventurer
Hi flks.

As there were more rust on Joars G, than we could even imagine, the picture taking was left out. Both the rear wheel arches has been close to rebuildt, and the rear left corner has olso been cut out, and replaced. Rear right corner we were able to salvage with som light welding. Both sills had earlier damage, so we cut out and replaced the rear halves on both sides. This should be the last of the more heavy welding. Still got some left on the bottom of the rear door, and the two right hand doors, but nothing serious.
Joar has begun the sanding down and bondo work, before primer and filler. Paint is due to the last weekend of october. So we are getting there. I`ll try to get some shots in a short while.

My G is closer to the power treatment. Got myself an aout tranny from a G 280, wich should be in prestine order. This tranny to be able to handle the 280 hp, thats closer to be a reality. The finnish mechanic, that`s gonne perform the art with my IP, is olso gonna ovehaul my injectors with injector tips from Fratelli Bosio. This to make sure the rest the diesel system is up to the new horsepower.
The manual 5 speed is already sold to a friend of mine.

Slowly getting there:wings:

G-force

Adventurer
Finally got the time to paste some pics, from the last weekend of G-related woork. The woorkshop is still ocupied by Joars G 230. Finnished the rust welding and treatment, sanded the whole main body down and are now ready for som edge primer. Got som thick alu pigmented 2K primer for the rocker panels, to limit the rust attack for the future.

Got the left rear corner replaced

JoarshviteG003.jpg

Got the mean machine masked up.

JoarshviteG034.jpg

Had to cover up everything else in the shop:bike_rider:

JoarshviteG030.jpg

Did manage to paint the floor bright red!! Slightly color blind it seems . . . .

JoarshviteG023.jpg

My own wagon is still waiting for the owner to get his finger out, to send of the IP and nozeles to Finland for a radical improvement. Things do take their time, but it happens before x-mas!! Then we are looking at radically more power and install of a recent overhauled automatic transmission.

Slowly getting there.

G-force

Adventurer
Hallo, folks!

Got an e-mail today, that i have been waiting for.:wings:

"Your IP and injectors are ready to rock!! Just transfer the money, and i`ll send it to you"

Now even closer to 280 HP in my 300 turbo diesel!!!:bike_rider:

G-force

Adventurer
Sorry if i have been unclear about the engine modell, but it is a OM617A, 5 sylinder turbo version. Some 125 HP and somewhat torque, i dont know.

For what i know, he has swapped to bigger elements in the pump, and done something to the alda, for easier adjustment.

Have not swapped out the turbo yet, but i am looking at a Holzet 35 or 40. As i understand, these are the turbos to go for, in my set up. Found them in a shop in Sweden for a measly 450 USD. Gonna get myself IC, radiator, oil cooler for both engine and tranny, silicone hoses and pipes from the same shop. Bigger, better and harder!:ylsmoke:

Quite a job ahead of me, getting it all to fit properly.

A pyrometer is allready planned, yes:)

Ohhhh yes!!! Party on:victory:

G-force

Adventurer
So the IP and nozzles arrived today:wings:

But a slight change of plans. A friend of mine is still awaiting his IP and nozzeles. My package is then to be sent to him, as he is attending a wintergame version of extreme offroad. This is to be held in a alpine downhill area with some nice snow to try out in.

His IP is then to be sent to me, as soon as its finnished.

Must idmit, that this is the best guy to take the final adjustments. He can then show me, (the novice) how its done.

Anyway, i`ll post up both pictures and movies, as its installed in his Wagon.

G-force

Adventurer
OK.

Got myself some sweet stuff for my G-projekt, yesterday:wings:

Can anyone see some products for power enhancement?

Trimming001.jpg

And this is how i want it, just with the fans behind the radiator, not above:ylsmoke:

Trimming002.jpg

The second injection pump is being rebuilt next week, so i have som time fitting these itoms:elkgrin:

Last edited:

Mike Serpe

Observer
where to find them

You are in TX, so check on www.clubgwagen.com/forum and classifieds as well as www.gwagen.com in NM/CO

otherwise, there is a killer G320 in Hemmings Motor News in NV this month, looks awesome, love that model....best build quality of the G class, 1994-94
great engine too that's cheap to maintain.....although not great on gas, about the same as the G500

Can someone post some links to websites in Japan that have 4x4 classifieds or collector car classifieds that are real good....like is there a hemmings of Japan??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior