G-force`s Expedition G-wagon.

G-force

Adventurer
Thanks for the feedback, you guys. Means a lot.

Getting ready to build a new roofrack soon. Need a slight different look, and more protection for the coming awning. Snorkel is allready planned, and shelfing and drawer system is also close to planned and ready to be built.

Expo rig, here i come:wings:

G-force

Adventurer
Ok . . .

So i got the shelf and drawer system in the back, going. Both sidebokses are more or less finished, and the floor between the bokses is olso close to finished. Still have to get hold of a set of slides for the drawer. But ready covered in carpet, it looks quite good :bike_rider:

Sidebokses mocked up, and ready for final assembly.

InnredningMercedes005.jpg

InnredningMercedes006.jpg

Got a subwoofer enclosure integrated in each of the sidebokses.

InnredningMercedes007.jpg

Carpet is going on.

InnredningMercedes009.jpg

TIG welded aluminium frame to keep the weight down.

InnredningMercedes012.jpg

Finnished so far. Sounds good as well :elkgrin:

InnredningMercedes017.jpg

I think i know where to get hold of the 40" slides. So as these arrive, the drawer will be finnished to complete the rear compartment.

Slowly getting there :wings:

G-force

Adventurer
Thanks you guys.

The milage on the rig is not measured at this point, with this engine. The last one i innstalled in a G-wagon, had about 1 liter pr 10 kilometers.

With my own, i have to be tired of drifting and donuts, before i do any measuring :sombrero:

G-force

Adventurer
So, things are happening!!:sombrero:

I have got the drawer in the back finally innstalled for now. I do have to swap out the face of the drawer, sence its a bit on the thick side.

On the other hand, the drawer is huge!! 80 by 100 by 17 cm, and can hold alot, and then some :ylsmoke:

IMG_6447.jpg

I am going to keep the tacky yellow peachy flooring, sense its slick and easy to clean. Just put down a rubber mat, to keep its internals from sliding around :bike_rider:

Got the wagon running on vegetable oil as well :wings: Drving around with about 80 percent oil, mixed with 20 percent regular diesel fuel. As day temperature is rising towards the summer, the fuel-oil miksture will change to more like 90/10 or so.

And guys . . . . . i do like to have a wagon that does donuts with vegetable oil in the tank . . . . . :sombrero:

Turtilhenger007.jpg

stevegsmith

Observer
I'd love to see a pic from the back looking in with the seat folded down. How did you determine the vertical depth of the drawer?

And regarding the donuts....you showoff! :drool: [Couldn't find a jealousy emoticon]

schweeeeet.

G-force

Adventurer
I`ll see what i can do about the picture, this weekend.

Regarding the depht of the drawer, the measurement is pretty accuarate. On the bottom side of the rear seat backrest, there are a few plastic bushings in some holes. These bushings press down on the top of the drawer system, so that the drawer dont fall out in the "open" position. This again makes it easy to remove the drawer system when not needed. No screews or bolts at all.

I think these plastic bushings were intended to hold the headrests when the seat is folded down.

Mr Nu

Hi G Force,

Any pic updates on this great build. Would love to see a few outside pics of your rig with the lift and tyres.

Best wishes

Nath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles