G-force`s Expedition G-wagon.

G-force

Adventurer
Thanks.

Looking forward to get started here. Got the second IP back from Finland, last week, and cant wait to get started. Just that i am on crutshes these days, so it will have to wait a couple of days. Nothing serious though, just slight infection.

But everything is moore or less ready, to start the complete install. Even got my hands on a brand new AC system, From a Honda, that i want to install in my wagon. Have to swap out the ventilation fan, cause its dead, anyway. Then im olmost half way there, so looking forward to that install.

So for the following weeks i have these things to sort out. Swap out the rear axle (busted bearing on the pinion shaft, and i have a spare axle) Install the new fan and AC system, overhaul the difflocker masters, fab up some new bases for the BMW leather front seats and install them, give the engine a good scrub, and paint the sucker, install the new IP and nozles:wings:, and of course the power stering, generator, IC, oilcoolers and radiator. This baby olso has a brand new Alphasonik front speakersystem, to be mounted, so when that time comes, i`ll be a happy cat:elkgrin:

Then . . . . .slight adjustment an DONUTS!!!!:wings:

And it burns, burns burns . . . . . .

G-force

Adventurer
Hallo you guys!

I would like to share some pics with you, after todays progress.

I have innstalled the engine with tranny. The IP from Finland is installed, as is new injectors and glow plugs. All new gaskets and painted up in 2K shades. Got started on the install of radiator, IC and oilcoolers today, and it looks nice!!

Just getting started.

MonteringavfrontpGn002.jpg

Here its possible to see the two electric fans on the radiator.

MonteringavfrontpGn003.jpg

Looks good with the grill in front as well.

MonteringavfrontpGn004.jpg

At last this evening, the oilcoolers.

MonteringavfrontpGn005.jpg

Notice the BFG KM2`s as well. The dimension is 33 x 10,5 x 15. Looking forward to test them out.

And the fun continius tomorrow . . . . . .

kmaser

Observer
Looks great, I am going down the same path but was thinking to use air/water intercooler with a k26 turbo for faster spool up. do you think the a/a intercooler will add alot of lag ? because of the extra piping?
kurtis

G-force

Adventurer
As I understand, there is NO lag in this setup. We are talking about half a second from the Alda kikcs in (0,8 bar) to max pressure at about 2,5 bar. I`ll be starting her up on monday, after I recive the last of the hoses for the oilcoolers. Need some piping fir the IC as well, but a friend og mine is bringing some on monday.

The original turbo is not ideal, but it will woork for now. We are going to try out different turbos in time. Actually looking at the Holzet 27 or 28 (I think) But this is in the future.

Any pics of your setup?

So looking forward to tomorrow:drool:

kmaser

Observer
I don't have any pics at the moment but have the parts here for the A/W which I am planning to use which will allow me to use my original rad. I am also waiting for my pump to befinished MW with 6.5mm elements. Is your rad and intercooler custom made or are the off the shelf items, I like your solution to running a shorter rad to allow for cooler piping and may be interested in doing similar if it is cost effective for parts over here.

Kurtis

G-force

Adventurer
Well, its some research and some luck. Both oilcoolers, IC and radiator is sort of, of the shelf. From a company in Sweden, wich mostly delivers high performance parts for street cars. But it all fits so snug! The radiator looks to be made for Gelandewagen. About 3 inches shorter than original, but both wider and thicker, so i hope it will cool my engine enough. Besides giving me the possibility to run the pipes above for the IC, i can olso run the lines for the oilcoolers below. So all in all this seems to woork out real well.

Got my IP with bigger elements as well, though do not know the size.

Thanks for your interest:)

The Bilkar

Well, its some research and some luck. Both oilcoolers, IC and radiator is sort of, of the shelf. From a company in Sweden, wich mostly delivers high performance parts for street cars. But it all fits so snug! The radiator looks to be made for Gelandewagen. About 3 inches shorter than original, but both wider and thicker, so i hope it will cool my engine enough. Besides giving me the possibility to run the pipes above for the IC, i can olso run the lines for the oilcoolers below. So all in all this seems to woork out real well.

Got my IP with bigger elements as well, though do not know the size.

Thanks for your interest:)

Looks great, the elements we are running is 7mm..

G-force

Adventurer
Thanks Bilkar:sombrero:

To the rescue, as allways.

For your interest, we are both hanging in there to get our wagons ready for our clubs annual meet. This is next weekend, and i hear rumors about a new paintjob on the earlier shown, white G og 38`s:Wow1:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
What a beautiful truck mate... If there was anything that could pull me away from my love of all things Toyota it'd be a mid-wheelbase G-Wagen... They are just so utilitarian and, to me, beautifuly ugly. I LOVE G-WAGENS!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the new 33x10.50 KM2's near perfect tire size for an expo rig IMO. If only they made them in 35x10.50 then I would be all over them. But still I love my 33x10.50 BFG AT's, they're amazing on my 4Runner. i think the KM2's will be AWESOME on your G-Wagen. blah blah blah ;)

...Love tyou truck mate...

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles