Put the TP in the freezer: The Hot Sauce Thread

dustboy

Explorer
Yeah, that's right. What's your favorite sauce for searing the old taste buds? It could be a recipe or a bottled kind.

I am currently enjoying some "The Pepper Plant Chunky Garlic Style" sauce. My wife and I cracked a new 10 oz. bottle of their regular style sauce on our 3 week roadtrip, and by week 2 it was gone. Tangy, medium hot, good garlic kick, and not vinegary (not a big Tobasco fan). It could be a few notches hotter for my taste.

Of course Tapatio is my old standby, at $0.79 a bottle you can't beat it. But there are a million other more flavorful sauces out there.

dirty Bakers

Conservative
We enjoy El Pato which we use regularly as a side or cooking with, mostly Mexican style food. Louisiana Hot Sauce is great on campfire steaks. We tried the Moroccan Chicken recipe that is located in a thread on the forum, now if those spices were a sauce it would be on my list.

dustboy

Explorer
We enjoy El Pato which we use regularly as a side or cooking with, mostly Mexican style food. Louisiana Hot Sauce is great on campfire steaks. We tried the Moroccan Chicken recipe that is located in a thread on the forum, now if those spices were a sauce it would be on my list.

4cruzer is an El Pato fan, he calls it duck sauce. Come to think of it, he calls most sauces by the fowl on the bottle, he calls Sriracha (another fave) rooster sauce.

The can is a bummer for trips, have you found it in a bottle?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I love hot stuff. I used to hate it with a passion. It's true when people say your pallet changes over the years. Now i can't get enough. The last thing i tried playing with was "***** blaster"... um yeah.. more heat than flavor.... i used a small (ok more than small) bit on chicken wings and by the time people got into their 3rd wing they were dying. We had to toss them in the trash and order pizza LOL

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Diced habeñeros. (The diacritical my own addition)

Last edited:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

I love anything Hot!

I've been wanting to make some Buffalo Wings lately and didn't really know how to do it. I did some searches online.

Then I found this great Wing Sauce at Big Lots of all places! Just $1.20.....!

Bulliards Louisiana Supreme

It's great!

http://www.thecajunconnection.com/bullards.html

bullchickwingsauce.jpg

I actually like it hotter than this. But it was a good and easy to use find!

Last edited by a moderator:

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Try mixing a high quality bloody mary sauce with your favorite hot sauce. It really adds a nice flavor. I forgot the name of the stuff I use but I will go get some more on Monday and report back with the name.

Most of the hot stuff has too much of a vinegar taste to it. I like the Frank's Hot Sauce for wings, especially when you add bloody mary sauce to it.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i have tried ALOT of hot suces trying to find what i liked, way too many of them sacrifice flavor just to make a hot sauce. my standbys are regular tabasco and sriracha. there is a great local hot sauce i like that mixes habenero with pineapple, well its really a salsa, but it sure is tasty.

kai38

Explorer
This is the Pico de Gallo I make at the fire station.
12 good sized raw jalapeños remove the stems,leave the seeds in chop up into small pieces.
2-3 large tomatoes chopped up.
1 large white onion chopped up.
Put into bowl and cover with white vinger add water, salt, pepper,cilantro, & squirt of lime juice.
The longer it sits in the fridge the better it tastes.
:chef:

dirty Bakers

Conservative
4cruzer is an El Pato fan, he calls it duck sauce. Come to think of it, he calls most sauces by the fowl on the bottle, he calls Sriracha (another fave) rooster sauce.

The can is a bummer for trips, have you found it in a bottle?

Yes I have seen Elpato in a bottle but only once, not to common. I was raised on ElPato so its a natural part of cooking.

Dave's Insanity Sauces rock!

Yes I know, they'll also kill you, but if used in moderation, they are great. The original Insanity is great on sandwiches, just a tiny bit on the tip of a knife and mixed with the mayo- just to a light salmon color. Good heat and flavor, a little much and WOW, you'll know it. It's also good on a steak, same technique- butter the side of a steak with a tiny bit, slap it on the grill and the heat mellows the fire and drives the flavor into the meat. Do it on both sides after you've tried it.

Dave's makes a killer garlic sauce and the Temporary Insanity is great as well. I haven't tried the newer ones out yet.

My first experience with Dave's was at Coyote Joe's in Prescott. Had some hot wings, wanted hotter. Three of us bite into these new wings, the lights dim, the ears started ringing and our mouths started watering. And we didn't even taste the heat yet! We all looked at each other to see if we were the only ones having an out of body experience, and we all looked the same. After we found out we were going to live, we ate all but 1 of the 13 wings. Took a couple of beers, but that's when I discovered that Dave's is one of the only uber-hot sauces to have some flavor.

93BLAZER

Explorer
I'm a big fan of Arizona Gunslinger Jalapeno Pepper Sauce. You used to buy it in a gallon size at Costco. A must for eggs and hamburgers (and Bloody Marys)

arizona%20gunslinger.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior