How do GY MT/Rs perform in the snow?

Fergie

Expedition Leader
I'm looking for some different tires for the GWB, and have come across a decent deal on a set of Goodyear MT/Rs.

I'm curious for those that have had these tires, how have they done in the snow and wet weather conditions?

What kind of vehicle did you have them on?

Did you have them siped?

Thanks,
Gavin

Chris85xlt

Adventurer
i had a set of 37x12.5-15 GY MTR on my full size bronco. Few years ago i went out with a group of full size trucks that ran from 40" Ground Hawgs to 32" BFG ATs on a snow run. I was one of the few that had absolutely no problems driving around in the deep stuff. Everyone was shocked including me at how well the tires did in the snow. The other guys who also did well was running Super Swamper 39" Boggers but with huge horse power.
I believe the reason why it did so well was because it wasn't aggressive enough dig too fast but instead it had enough to keep the truck moving and at the same time provided great floatation.
I've also had them in deep mud but they were horrible. they required a LOT of wheel spin to keep going so later i bought some SS boggers just for mud.
For being unmodified tires i think they did well on wet pavement. i liked them better then the BFG ATs and MTs.

For Overland adventures where u want something more then just a All-terrian tire i think they were great tires and i would buy them again in a heartbeat.

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
I agree with James. I haven't heard/read/experienced very good reviews of these on icy conditions (South East) but with siping you should be okay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne