I've had a pair of Blitz 240s sitting around since the end of last year and I'm finally getting around to installing them. I am using the Lightforce wiring harness. The install is very straightforward, but I can't get the lights to work. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, as I've done much more complicated wiring. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I followed the wiring instructions verbatim and below is a summary of how I have the wires connected. Also, if it matters, I have a dual battery system with a National Luna solenoid and controller. I want to connect the lights to the backup battery (wires reach this battery easier), but I also tried hooking the lights to the main battery with no luck. At the bottom is a crappy cell phone picture of the wiring diagram. Again, I hooked everything up according to the instructions except the main beam connection. I am disregarding that for now.
How the lights are wired
1. Secured black/yellow wire to body frame (earth connection).
2. Inserted relay into base.
3. Connected brown wire and black/red wire to switch.
4. Connected black and white wires to 240s.
5. Connected yellow wire to positive battery terminal.
6. Connected black wire to negative battery terminal.
I have checked the following:
- rechecked all installation steps
- inspected fuse to make sure it wasn't blown
- inspected ground wires to verify good connection
- used a different switch than one supplied with harness to make sure it wasn't the switch. Also, bypassed switch completely to see if both switches could be bad.
- tried installing another relay (to verify supplied relay was not the problem).