Tire Search - AT/MT Hybrids & Siping an MT

UCBerzerkeley

Observer
The hankooks get good reviews. I am 100% set on them for my next set. If you search this site and on Ih8MUD, as well as around the web, you will turn up some good stuff.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
The hankooks get good reviews. I am 100% set on them for my next set. If you search this site and on Ih8MUD, as well as around the web, you will turn up some good stuff.
On the rig of their's I had for a while, Dave and Yosh put the Hankook MTs on the Cruiser and the Horizon trailer, and a couple as spares . . . so figure they like them well enough to buy eight of the suckers. :)

I thought they were fantastic. Handled well, low noise, nice balanced ride, and I thought they looked cool. No issues on the wimpy terrain I enocuntered on my few trips, but I can't comment on their bad-trail performance, nor did I hit any snow. And not enough miles to predict longevity. Still, I'd sure give them serious consideration if one of the sizes they come in worked for my truck.

The AdventureDuo has put up some posts about these tires already, so run a search on "Hankook" and you'll get some good information.

UCBerzerkeley

Observer
On the rig of their's I had for a while, Dave and Yosh put the Hankook MTs on the Cruiser and the Horizon trailer, and a couple as spares . . . so figure they like them well enough to buy eight of the suckers. :)

I thought they were fantastic. Handled well, low noise, nice balanced ride, and I thought they looked cool. No issues on the wimpy terrain I enocuntered on my few trips, but I can't comment on their bad-trail performance, nor did I hit any snow. And not enough miles to predict longevity. Still, I'd sure give them serious consideration if one of the sizes they come in worked for my truck.

The AdventureDuo has put up some posts about these tires already, so run a search on "Hankook" and you'll get some good information.

Exactly. I first got clued into them from Dave on IH8MUD, then then searched around. They have 4 + 2 spares + 2 on the trailer, like you said!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
My 33" BFG AT's have been great in what little rain we've had here in Portland so far. THey grip like mad on the street and frankly being 33's they do pretty well on the trai as they roll ove rthis better then my old 31's. All in all I'm pretty happy seeing as I was expecting these things to be just lost on muddy trails and in reality they handled deep pond like holes, water crossings, steep muddy banks greasy logs etc. with relative ease. So far I'm loving them.

The other tire I really want to try are the Maxxis Bighorns. IF they made a 33x10.50X15 I would have bought them but they didn't. I almost went with the BFG KM2 as I think that when siped these could be a really good all around cross-tire, but in the end for our rainy weather and the amount of street driving I do I think the BFG AT's are really great.

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior