New mexico, Cimmaron

Alpinestar

i am an eagle scout and a year ago our troop went to philmont new mexico for a 65 mile backpacking trip in cimmaron newmexico at philmont scout ranch, and iwas wondering if anyone has done some wheelin around those parts cause i remember many 4 wheel drive trails.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Sorry I don't know any trails around there, but nice backpacking trip Alpinestar! I hope you never totally forsake journeying under your own power. There's no feeling to match it.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Ha! My brother in law was at Philmount this summer. He loved it. this was his second year going there.

As for NM trails, I am sure you can check with the Forest service and see what trails you can go on legally. As for Philmount, I thought that area of land was owned by the Boy Scouts?

Wil

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
Move thread to Planned Adventures?

Hi guys - nice thread. It's beautiful country up there.

I think perhaps this thread might get more mileage, so to speak, in the Planned Adventures:Other forum, rather than Conservation and Land Use, which is suited to issues of access (as in fights for or against), use and abuse, etcetera.

If you post a reply, just put it in that Forum and continue on from there?

Otherwise, Scott would need to do all the coding to shuffle it along....

pangaea

Adventurer
Northern New Mexico is one of my favorite areas, but I haven't had a chance to do any 4x4 exploring. From what I've heard, there's a lot of public land up there that is relatively unexplored from a four wheeling perspective.

Maybe the thing to do is just head out there with a GPS and Dolorme Atlas and see what you find. I've been thinking about just such an adventure for quite some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne