Intro - Ford Excursion ExPo Style

AZJP

Observer
Since I've posted in the for sale section a couple of times, I suppose it is only right to offer an introduction.

I've been a lurker here for close to 2 years and just recently got a decent vehicle - from another ExPo member. I've been away from offroading/camping adventures for about 5 years now (since my kids were born). Now it is becoming a family thing.

I love some of the smaller trucks on here, but we really needed to go full size with me, the wife, 4 year old boy, 1 year old boy, and two full size labs.

Xfront.jpg

Xback.jpg

2001 Ford Excursion full of goodies. I will detail these in the next post.......

Last edited:

Cody1771

Explorer
well welcome to the forums not so new member. thats a really cool looking truck. i never thought of putting a jerry can holder on a swing out system from the rear bumper...

AZJP

Observer
2001 4WD Ford Excursion XLT
7.3L Powerstroke Diesel

Alpine 872 Navigation
Lowrance Baja 540c Nav
CB
Small Solar Battery Charger
300W Invertor

Custom Front Prerunner Bumper with Hella Lights
Road Armor Rear Bumper with Spare Tire and Jerry Can Mounts
Custom Rock Sliders

Magnaflow Exhaust
AFE Intake
SuperChips Tuner
205 Amp Alternator
ISSPro Gauges
Oversize Tranny Cooler
Turbo Timer
Slotted Rotors / SS Brake Hoses

40" MT-R Tires
5" Lift, Deaver Springs, Bilstein Shocks
Fiberglass Front Fenders, Cut Rears
4.56 Gears
Rear ARB Air Locker
Warn Manual Locking Hubs
Centramatic Wheel Balancers
Rock Ram Hydraulic Steering Assist
Amp Research Power Steps

Extreme Outback Air Compressor w/ 4 Gallon Tank
Wilderness Roof Rack
CampingLabs Awning

Smittybilt MOLLE Seat Organizers with a bunch of MOLLE Pouches attached
Tools, Spare Parts, 2 Fire Extinguishers, 60" Hi Lift Jack, and Recovery Gear

Tons of other miscellaneous items

And arriving this week is one of those AX56L Military Fridges we're hearing so much about in the for sale section!

Last edited:

AZJP

Observer
Thanks Cody1771,
Yes, the swing out jerry can holder (*not my idea) works great. Keeps the weight off of the roof. The only drawback is it is one more thing to open to get into the back of the truck.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
John sold his rig? That's a really nicely set up Excursion. It performed great on the trail run we did earlier this year. Do you happen to know what he did with the trailer?

AZJP

Observer
He still had the trailer when I bought the Ex. Even with the four people and two big dogs, we were able to fit all of our crap for a 1 week trip into the wilderness (without even using the roof rack!). Jon must have really liked to camp in style w/ that trailer!!!

Nice rig..welcome to the full size section. Quite a list of mods you have there! :Wow1: How do you like the Bilsteins on the truck? Is there much body roll?

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I actually was looking at one of these the other day with the diesel/expedition build in mind...great looking rig!

-H-

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Congrats on the purchase of a great rig! I am glad to see that it has stayed within the Expo Family.

As for the swingout jerry can holders, you may want to see how hard it would be to unbolt them to take them off. I keep my jerry can holders off the rig unless I am taking a trip, so I only have to open the tire carrier when running errands around town.

Again, congrats on the purchase. :bike_rider:

AZJP

Observer
Richard -
The Bilsteins are good. Not much body roll if you ask me. That could be due to the springs too though. I had an '04 lifted Ex in the past, but this one rides better even with larger tires.

TreeTopFlyer

Adventurer
Was wondering when that rig would show up again. I'm the guy that stopped you thinking you were JDHolder. Did you head up to Imogene Pass that day? We saw you down in Lake City next day, we were having lunch and Tic Toc Burgers.

Have fun with the Ex, it's a great rig.

ShortBusGeek

Adventurer
Very nice looking truck! I just got my Excursion 2 weeks ago, though it was unmodded. I couldn't talk the wife into anything too radical... yet. Looks like I'm going to have to work her up to the idea of lifting it. Just threw some stock size MT/Rs on it yesterday and looking at options for some shocks, as the stock ones are a POS and worn completely out.

Congrats on the purchase! Looking forward to seeing it in action in the completed adventures section!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94