Super quick review of ARB fridge

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I recently took possesion of the new 50 qt (or liter) whatever one can't remember , any how, I recently went on an 8 day excursion to SW Kansas in the Cimmoron National Grassland. Day temps were in the mid 90's, nights in the mid 70's. I had this thing plugged in sitting in the back seat of my truck for the entire 8 days and nights. Never once did I unplug it. It worked GREAT! It is durable easy to use, and obviously has a low draw. (All stock batt/alternator- Dodge Truck) I wish I had one of these 20 years ago!

arcteryx

Adventurer
Mine just arrived today. Currently testing it to make sure it can freeze. So far I like what I see.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I kept mine between "27-29" degrees.. so the beers on the bottom had ice crystals in them, and the meat stayed really cold but not totally frozen, and the stuff closer to the top was less cold as you went up. It was perfect.

JohnnyS

Explorer
You kept it plugged in the entire time & it didn't kill the battery?
How many hours was the truck off with the fridge plugged in?
How cool.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Truck was run for approx 30 min to an hour in the morning and then again in the evening . That's it.

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
Truck was run for approx 30 min to an hour in the morning and then again in the evening . That's it.

Its truly amazing how little power the newer style fridges use.

Every time I venture into a desert and pull out an icy drink,I think about what it was like before fridges:elkgrin:

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Its truly amazing how little power the newer style fridges use.

Every time I venture into a desert and pull out an icy drink,I think about what it was like before fridges:elkgrin:

I also have the new ARB. It's OK but goes into an error mode when my battery runs low. The compressor cycles on and off every few seconds and flashes error. It's supposed to shut off. Any fridge is fantastic. I can't believe I waited so many years to buy one. The nice thing for me is I can put anything out of my home fridge in it like a partial gallon of milk or 1/2 jar of mayonnaise and can be sure it's just as fresh and safe to put back in my home fridge when I get home. No more wet and soggy food. It's great if I keep up with the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior