73 Westy

S

Scenic WonderRunner

YO!.......you!......Hippy Dude Kermit!

Very Kewl!

I had a 1972 VW Van in college. My surfinvaggen!

To solve my body roll feeling...........

I installed heavy duty shocks and larger 60 series H rated tires.

All of a sudden I was riding on rails baby!

Sweet Westy!

Have tons of fun.........dood!:sombrero:

....now where is that VW Westy smilie when you need him>?!!!

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Man I so wish I could talk my wife into driving a Westy.

My family and I have had quite a few VW Air cooled over the years.
73 412 Ended up being my first car.
68 Squareback
63 Window bus (had the cool corner windows but not the roof windows)
Second 73 412 wagon
82 Vanagon

Then we also had some Porsche's over the years in cluding a 57 Speedster, 65 356c Cabriolet and a 72 914

Then we had out loas VW's 83 GTI and 87 Jetta. GTI wasn't bad but the Jetta was horrible. Three blown autos by 84k, Electrical problems....So Toyota is what the whole family drives now.

On a Fun note......A fast Westy
http://www.bostig.com/products/zetec/videos/vanagon_voodoo_child.wmv

blupaddler

Conspirator
Ahhhhh

VW's

At least you have the 2.0 liter engine. Nothing like trying to get around on the freeways of SoCal going 60mph.

I have owned
57 Baja
65 Baja
71 Bus Westy-hard top model
65 ez camper

Good luck on the 72 resto!

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
That's a beautiful Westy! I had a '70 that had the same kit plus sink/fridge. Very cool rig. Fun to work on as well. I also have a '74 Thing which shares bits and pieces with the Type 2's. Even more interesting perhaps, is the amount of pieces shared between those cars and my 944. The CV axles for example are the exact same between the Thing and 944. The rear trailing arms are from the bus, front suspension adpated from the Golf.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Kermit said:
Oh man, that video was great! Was that a Syncro?...that's it, I am selling the Taco!...(well, not really, love the Green Machine)

http://www.bostig.com/ that vid is on the site of the company that does the conversion. That has a super charged Ford Zetec in it makeing about 280hp.

Yeah its a Synco.
See the front drive shaft?
IMG_0171.jpg

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Hopefully my nephew will have photos up soon of the conversion he just completed on his friend's Westfalia: Subaru SVX 265-hp engine, Porsche Carrera transmission, Audi RS6 brakes. Quite a combination!

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Very sweet Westy, nice condition too. But, when did you steal McVickers sexy Hula Girl off the dash of his Disco?
2569103780093498191XHavgx_ph.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles