Pretty darn cool camping trailer...

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
Being an industrial designer myself, I have to admit - this is pretty darn slick. Based on the site, setup and tear down is really easy and it can even be used to tow "stuff".

http://www.sylvansport.com/

It appears they have "lowered" the price to $6195 or so for the base unit. I am curious if I could modify the trailer suspension and chassis to accommodate off-road use. Cool stuff.

sylvansportgo1.jpg

Setup View...

sylvangotent.jpg

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
They do look neat, but I just don't know how they can ask that price when you can get a "real" pop-up for the same price.

whitecon

Observer
X2. WAAAAAAAAY too expensive. In that price range you have an array of options.
Thats a $6k rolling tent :Wow1:

emohn

Observer
Thank you SO much for the link!!! :Wow1:

I now know exactly the design I'm ready to copy (with square/rectangular tubing for considerably less cost) when I'm ready to build my trailer/camper. This thing is perfect!

JJBiggs

Yeah...I have to agree on the pricing. Even with the aluminum, all they are using is prefab extrusion. It's not even custom extrusion. With that said, I can buy extrusion for $100 for 20 ft or more.

Building one would be fun. The difficult part would be making the tent portion. It's pretty obvious that Kelty did a good job with this one.

05LR3AZ

Adventurer
Another option?!

If you are looking for a tent trailer that allows you to haul stuff as well, has alot of options or can reconfigure for other uses when you are not camping, check this one out:

http://www.jumpingjacktrailers.com/ :drool:

I was out one day and decided to check it out. Very cool imo...The space inside was huge and 'assembled' in under 5 min. The price tag was $5450 where I went.

emohn

Observer
If you are looking for a tent trailer that allows you to haul stuff as well, has alot of options or can reconfigure for other uses when you are not camping, check this one out:

http://www.jumpingjacktrailers.com/ :drool:

I was out one day and decided to check it out. Very cool imo...The space inside was huge and 'assembled' in under 5 min. The price tag was $5450 where I went.

Just took a look at the Jumping Jack trailers again and I've seen them in person at a show once before, but didn't know how much they sold for. At $5450, I have to say that the fit and finish on the Sylvan Go looks worth the $900ish difference. Not that I'd buy either, but the Sylvan looks a LOT more like a $6k trailer than the JumpingJack looks like a $5k trailer.

JJBiggs

Just took a look at the Jumping Jack trailers again and I've seen them in person at a show once before, but didn't know how much they sold for. At $5450, I have to say that the fit and finish on the Sylvan Go looks worth the $900ish difference. Not that I'd buy either, but the Sylvan looks a LOT more like a $6k trailer than the JumpingJack looks like a $5k trailer.

Have to agree with you there. Not to mention, the Jumping Jack trailer is using canvas. No thanks. Mildew sucks.

Biggs

Cody1771

Explorer
if i where to make a choice i personaly would choose the jumpingjack, ive seen a jumpingjack with 3 full size ATV's on the top, cant do that with that thing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles