Wet Okole .. anyone

Str8lin

Have you had any experience with the neoprene seat covers like the Wet Okole?

With ski season coming and all the wet (snow and rain) I'm thinking I want to cover the nice fabric seats in my TRD Taco.

I see performance has some liek the Wet Okole but wondering if he Okoles are worth the coin???

thanks

robert

Expedition Leader
I had them in my 95 Taco. They held up well and looked sharp. They started wearing out where you slide into the seat (left side driver's seat bolster) after about five years. They were tight fitting so a bit of a pain to put on, but that's also why they looked better. Easy to wash too- just like you do wet suits.

They are on my list of things for the new Taco, but I haven't gotten around to them as I like the TRD seats.

60seriesguy

Adventurer
I can't in good faith recommend them. When I first got them, I loved them, the fit was good, they were comfy, and I liked the look. But mine started to fade (even after treating with the UV stuff) pretty quickly, going from Chocolate Brown to some funky purplish beige. They also started to abrade on both the passenger and driver side, on the sides where the OEM upholstery also abrades on Land Cruisers.

For the amount of money I paid, I expected better, MUCH better. They didn't last 3 years before they were falling apart.

Str8lin

Just as Robert says, I like the stock seats as well, so I may just use them w/o covers for a bit till i see some wear.. or i find a pair on Ebay for cheap..

thanks guys!

ive been using them three years now, have yet to clean them, they still look/fit/work great after a couple winter seasons, desert trips, sun, etc...i'd get them again, they look great and are much more durable than the stock cloth seat shrouds.

-sean

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Trd

I have had the OEM TRD neoprene seat covers for over a year now and they still look new. Practically indestructable IMO. Check Ebay for a good deal on them.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Coverking Sale @ Costco

Right now you can buy a Coverking Neoprene Seat Cover Kit from Costco that is genuine CR-Grade Neoprene for $164.99. Seems like a comparable solution to Wet Okole's for 50% off.

Here is the link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles