U.P. Overland 2009

dentedvw

Wire twister
Don't be too put out by the snow and ice though. There will still be a lot of stuff you can go explore, just not ALL of it, unless you are really well prepared.
Heck, we took our dirt bikes up in early April last year, and rode in the snow, and ice, for the heck of it. We went to a lot of places I saw in this ride report too, though we didn't make it to the lighthouse, due to heavy snow and ice, of course. :sombrero:
Yeah, we fell a lot, broke some mirrors, and got some bruises, but we had cabin fever pretty bad. It definitely cured us. Or made us crazier the rest of the year. hard to say. We followed it up with an early trip to Colorado, and saw some icy nights there as well.
:bike_rider:

Motojournalism

Observer
Nice trip! What a big group! I'm still jealous you four-wheelers get to take kayaks, bicycles, chairs, bacon etc:sombrero:

Can you recommend any good backroad maps for that area? I oughta make it down there, maybe in the fall...

Love that ol' FJ40!:smiley_drive:

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Nice trip! What a big group! I'm still jealous you four-wheelers get to take kayaks, bicycles, chairs, bacon etc:sombrero:

Can you recommend any good backroad maps for that area? I oughta make it down there, maybe in the fall...

Love that ol' FJ40!:smiley_drive:

I'd start with a DeLorme Michigan Gazeteer. We also have a bunch of shared maps and gps logs on our dorm in my sig. Feel free to shoot me a line anytime if you have any specifics.

Motojournalism

Observer
I'd start with a DeLorme Michigan Gazeteer. We also have a bunch of shared maps and gps logs on our dorm in my sig. Feel free to shoot me a line anytime if you have any specifics.

Great, thanks for the tips
thumb.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles