2010 Toyota 4runner Teaser

Scott Brady

Founder
I am very excited about the new 4Runner.
phpThumb.php

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Man, I really like the new 4Runner. Nice to see they kept the solid rear axle and finally got a lever actuated transfercase back. I haven’t met a true off roader yet that embraces the electric shift garbage. We can only hope the 4Runner gets a manual trans and the Tacoma follows this direction.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This picture looks a bit funky though.
attachment.php

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Really??? See I think the interior looks like it's from the FJ, but the outside(at least in those kind of iffy pics) looks like PURE Highlander and/or Rav4... THe rear end still looks a bit like the old 4th Gen to me but I was hoping for some steps ala Nissans Xterra. I think those are good ideas and I wish they'd taken that cue.

Otherwise, I agree with everyone's enthusiasm, I''m STOKED that it stays SRA, and having a lever actuated T-case may be going backwards in the "coolness" category, but for us folks that use these trucks in the dirt it's a step in the right direction eh ;) Personaly I think that just like the 200 it's gonna have to grow on me. I do however like the Tundra/Sequoia treatment (although as I said I think it looks like a Highlander), that's something to aspire to be in the company of. I think that this 4Runner will continue on with the Lineage's reputation.

It's funny because right as I was looking at this thread the GF turned on 'Top Chef' in wich they drive Highlander's to-from their challenges and the store. from the front I could have sworn that they were driving the exact press vehicle that C/D took pics of it's so simmilar from that angle.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
(although as I said I think it looks like a Highlander)

I agree. I saw a Highlander in town this morning and thought that it looked just like the photos of the 4Runner. I hope they give it some unique styling, and it does not just end up looking like a big Highlander.

I have never like the interior of the FJ, but that is just personal opinion.

It does look like it has minimal clearance though. Will be interesting to see it in person at some point.

Cackalak Han

Explorer
We can only hope the 4Runner gets a manual trans and the Tacoma follows this direction.

The Tacoma already has a manual transmission. Or are you talking about the transfer case lever?

I hope they keep the Trail Edition as an option for the '10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles