2010 Toyota 4runner Teaser

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
I have been waiting to see the next gen 4R. Hopefully, the Taco will follow suit with the t-case lever.

Since I am in a research for future purchase mode this thread is great!

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
The Tacoma already has a manual transmission. Or are you talking about the transfer case lever?

I hope they keep the Trail Edition as an option for the '10.

Yes, I was speaking of the manual shift transfercase. Not a fan of the electric shift any 4x4, as they are about as reliable as a glass anvil. I wasn't very clear on that. :)

tacollie

Glamper
Throw in a manual tranny with that 4 cyclinder and I'm sold. I like the t-case having a lever, although my taco never gave me any trouble. Still, turning a knob right before heading up a trail never felt right.

SirCampalot

Adventurer
Doesn't look too bad... definite plus that it retained the solid rear. Was there any mention of a V8 option? Perhaps the 381 HP 5.7? That would be fun. :victory:

haven

Expedition Leader
A post in Autoblog has speculation about the 2010 4Runner models.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/28/exclusive-toyota-4runner-to-get-four-cylinder-model-third-row/

Biggest change is that there will be a four cylinder motor available again. It's only in the stripper 2WD SR5 model. There is no mention of a V8 option.

According to Autoblog, the Trail model continues. It will have crawl control and a terrain management system, like big brother Land Cruiser. On the list are rock rails and a locking rear differential. The rear view mirror will have a backup camera.

Also included are options like leather seating and 20 inch rims, but that reflects the fact that most 4Runner owners don't take their vehicles off road.

Vermejo

Adventurer
Looks good for what most of the newer generations have evolved into. I was really hoping to see the SEMA FJ Runner Concept go into effect on this 5th generation. Those wheel wells look pretty tight to the stock tires- nothing a cutting wheel and some patching won’t fix.

I’m Anxious to see it on the road.

viter

Adventurer
doesn't it look in this picture as if there are skidpaltes under the whole vehicle, icnluding rear?
phpThumb.php

rmcnabb

Can you imaine trying to put a good, high entrance angle aftermarket front winch bumper on that big fat front end?

To me it looks like every other SUV on the market - fat, bloated, and low to the ground. I don't like it any better than the new Land Cruiser.

Toyota just saved me a bunch of money.

Applejack

Explorer
Panic.....I didn't see Rear diff lock on that list.
I also didn't notice any front mounted anchor points in the pic.
If that was a Toyota test rig that showed the beat undercarriage, it looks like they are at least taking it's trail-ability seriously.

shawkins

Adventurer
V8 is gone, I-4 is back. I bet that will be horribly under powered.

There are two things missing on that list:
- Rear Diff Lock
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission

If they would give the '10 4Runner those two options I would consider getting one with the Trail Edition Package.

XJxplorer

Adventurer
I don't know why eveyone's doggin it when it's not even out. The info isn't even from Toyota. Give it a chance.

Not trying to dog it. Just stating what I see. Just from the pictures alone, it looks huge and the wheel wells look tiny... I don't see how after market bumpers will fit without being 200lbs! The rear bumper looks kind of odd, as well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles