Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Disabled Explorers Sportsmobile 4wd Wheelchair Accessible Van Build

Sick Lance...just plain Sick. Mad kudos for having the berries to pull this off. Wonder what the nay-sayers are doing this SEMA week?

Spence
    1986 Ford E350 4x4 Quadravan Camper "Boomer"
    The Boomer Build Thread

thanks guys...
    it has been crazy work and SMB deserves so much of the credit.

We are have a few applications to sort through for Baja but there is still time if you know of anyone or just want to spread the word.

The rig is over the top amazing, I was prepared to be personally unhappy but live with it since this is what DE needs...but I love it!

More pics soon when I get a better connection and a moment to breathe

Oh and for any of you thinking about a SMB, well the diesel is going away so you only have a few weeks left to order one.
    cigar smoking, wilderness first responding, ham talking night nurse who is overland certified and a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.....
    now everyone say "so what where have you been lately?"

Looks good Lance! What does the voyager top say above the big SPORTSMOBILE logo? I can't make it out.
    Dave & Yoshi
    The Adventure Duo
    2003 Sportsmobile EB 7.3 PSD
    1997 Landcruiser 80 Series Collectors Edition
    2005 Suzuki DRZ400s
    Tread Lightly! Trainer | Manufacturer of the Trasharoo

Quote Originally Posted by 1leglance View Post
    Ron I like your setup and it would be great to hear more about your travels with the van and what it is like going to remote areas as a chair user.
    Hey Lance, somehow I never got notified about updates to this thread. Mid January I'll be headed from TX to Quartzsite AZ and would be happy to meet up with you somewhere. Email me rcm at fuzzzwad dot org and we'll share horror stories.
    Last edited by rcm89; 01-03-2010 at 09:58 AM.
    Ron McDowell, W5RCM, San Antonio TX [for now...]
    http://www.volente.us/Van/
    http://www.volente.us/Trailer/

Quote Originally Posted by WheelChairAccessible View Post
    This wheelchair accessible vehicle has low mileage and has an electric winch fitted. Engine Diesel Gearbox Manual Access by rear access ramp Ramp width 32 inches Internal height 57 inches Seating capacity 4 including wheelchair user Share and Enjoy:
    Thats odd - computer did funny things trying to load the link, glad I have a mac. Think this might be PC damaging, careful if you click...
    Terry
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    2000 EXCURSION 6.8 V10 - FOR SALE
    1995 Grand Cherokee Limited

Age doesn’t always bring wisdom. Sometimes age comes alone.

Worked ok for me on my Mac. It's a UK based dealer of lift-equipped used SUV/vans.
    Ron McDowell, W5RCM, San Antonio TX [for now...]
    http://www.volente.us/Van/
    http://www.volente.us/Trailer/

Lance, my wife and I and three kids met you on the last day of SEMA last month and drooled over your SMB setup. Great to see you here, man! We just got a 4x4 van which will become our main Baja vehicle. I can't remember if you guys ever head south of the border or not, but maybe we could team up with you at some point and help out. If you haven't been and want to, I will certainly show you the ropes if you're interested.

I love Baja and posted in your build thread.
    It would be great to travel together in the future, I will add you to the list of folks for updates, thanks!
    cigar smoking, wilderness first responding, ham talking night nurse who is overland certified and a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.....
    now everyone say "so what where have you been lately?"

Quote Originally Posted by 1leglance View Post
    I love Baja and posted in your build thread.
    It would be great to travel together in the future, I will add you to the list of folks for updates, thanks!
    Let's do it, Lance. We actually talked about you on the way from SEMA because my wife is so good with kids, especially those who need a little more attention (and that's before we got the van.) From late February on, our schedule will be wide open.

SPAM DELETED!
    Last edited by Dendy Jarrett; 04-13-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: SPAM

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456