A/T Overland Teardrop

STREGA

Explorer
:wings: Good to see some feed back on the AT teardrop. After :drool: drooling on it at OXO9 and then pulling it around the off road course I knew I wanted one. I currently own a homebuilt TD, that I bought locally just to see if I would like it For the most part it has proven to be the best camping rig I have ever owned (and in the last 30 years I have had quite a few different setups). Behind my FJ Cruiser I almost forget it's there, has a very small impact on mpg, very quick camp setup, warm and comfy inside and takes up a small area when storing. A couple of negatives is storage and outside kitchen, but both our fairly easy to overcome. I use a 10'x12' easy up and park the TD under it so I can cook in the rain and makes it easier to get in and out when it's raining. A roofrack on it would help in the storage, although it would raise the CG. It would be a shame to put dirty camping gear inside that beautiful interior, I do put my easy up in mine as well as a table and chairs. I was curious about how well it would keep the dust out, good to hear it did well. Hope they are bringing a Teardrop to OX10, and a 4 1/2' wide one would be nice to see.

Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles