For Sale - Custom Built Trailer with RTT

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I should not even be looking at trailers but I can ask some questions!

Was it a one-off custom from Outlaw Off Road or who built it? Based on an old military trailer?
2852299964_a605278d9b_b.jpg

What model tent is that? Is the tail gate hinged or welded shut? (looks hinged). Do those tools come with it?

what happened to the nifty original orange beadlock rims?
2852298960_a3fb5959bf.jpg

Is the rear hitch receiver still accessible with the spare swing out closed?

About how much does the trailer weigh? What sort of overall payload could it carry without all of the add-ons?

What sort of brakes does it have? (electric or parking only?) Any idea how strong that axle is?
3912977657_1b98f48b73.jpg

How do you get water out of the tank? What sort of tank is it? Plastic?

Are those little solar panels on the front nose box?
3912977563_05e09bc491.jpg

What kind of batteries are inside the small black box up front and how do they charge other than the panels?
3912977721_6107a4767b.jpg

How many LED lights are there, what kind are they and how do you control them?
3912977811_02237056c3.jpg

For myself I'd have to have some 16" Toyota rims so I've got no idea what it would take to convert this thing over.

Was there a stove to go with the red propane tank?

How does the spare swing out and latch closed?
3912977851_aa227bf2d2.jpg

What are those round things right above the rear gas can?
3913763978_e9aa2b4236.jpg

How big are the cans (5 liter/2.5 Gal?) and what brand?

Okay, enough questions for now.....

jdholder

Explorer
I believe the trailer was a one off - built by a company out of Las Vegas and "finished" by Outlaw. It's bigger than a 416 - wider, but I don't know what it started life as.

The Tent is a Large Overland. Seen here: CLICK

The beadlocks were sold with the Jeep that used to pull this trailer - I bought the steel wheels as replacements.

The rear hitch receiver is still accesible with the swing out closed - the "gate" swings above the receiver.

I don't know the trailer weight - I would guess 1500lbs empty.

The Axle and Springs are 3500lbs rated.

Electric Brakes - no parking brake. The Axle is brand new and is rated at 3500lbs.

Water is pumped out with an RV water pump on a switch. Plastic tanks inside diamond plate skidaplate.

Yes - those are little solar panels on the front of the nose box - not sure how effective they are.

The batteries need to be charged or replaced (not sure which) - but I believe they are Optima Blue Tops. THey charge through the 7 pin trailer wire. I had a larger gauge hook-up for connecting to the Excursion, but when I had the trailer re-wired, the guy I had do the work didn't have the large gauge cable - there is an Anderson plug on the front of the trailer - but it's not hooked to anything except ground. :)

There are LED's in the nose box and in the main compartment, both master controlled by two different switches.

The 8 lug wheels are mounted on adapters that convert standard jeep bolt pattern 5x4.5 to Super Duty 8x170 pattern. I wouldn't run them on a truck, but they have never been and issue on the trailer.

I have a stove - but it's not for sale with the trailer. :)

The spare swings on a hinge on the passenger side and latches closed on drivers side.

The round things are the fill tubes for the water tanks. The center one is the vent tube.

The cans are 2.5 gallon - and I believe they are Wedco.

Ask more questions!!

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I believe the trailer was a one off - built by a company out of Las Vegas and "finished" by Outlaw. It's bigger than a 416 - wider, but I don't know what it started life as.

The Tent is a Large Overland. Seen here: CLICK

The beadlocks were sold with the Jeep that used to pull this trailer - I bought the steel wheels as replacements.

The rear hitch receiver is still accesible with the swing out closed - the "gate" swings above the receiver.

I don't know the trailer weight - I would guess 1500lbs empty.

The Axle and Springs are 3500lbs rated.

Electric Brakes - no parking brake. The Axle is brand new and is rated at 3500lbs.

Water is pumped out with an RV water pump on a switch. Plastic tanks inside diamond plate skidaplate.

Yes - those are little solar panels on the front of the nose box - not sure how effective they are.

The batteries need to be charged or replaced (not sure which) - but I believe they are Optima Blue Tops. THey charge through the 7 pin trailer wire. I had a larger gauge hook-up for connecting to the Excursion, but when I had the trailer re-wired, the guy I had do the work didn't have the large gauge cable - there is an Anderson plug on the front of the trailer - but it's not hooked to anything except ground. :)

There are LED's in the nose box and in the main compartment, both master controlled by two different switches.

The 8 lug wheels are mounted on adapters that convert standard jeep bolt pattern 5x4.5 to Super Duty 8x170 pattern. I wouldn't run them on a truck, but they have never been and issue on the trailer.

I have a stove - but it's not for sale with the trailer. :)

The spare swings on a hinge on the passenger side and latches closed on drivers side.

The round things are the fill tubes for the water tanks. The center one is the vent tube.

The cans are 2.5 gallon - and I believe they are Wedco.

Ask more questions!!

How big are the water tanks? Was it 10 gal each?

Where are the switches for the lights and water pump?

Where does the water come out?

Any pix of the tail gate open?

jdholder

Explorer
How big are the water tanks? Was it 10 gal each?

Where are the switches for the lights and water pump?

Where does the water come out?

Any pix of the tail gate open?

There are two, 10 gallon water tanks.

The switches are near the front body of the trailer, under the angle portion on the drivers side - three water proof switches.

The water has a quick disconnect fitting under the front of the trailer that I have a hose (that will come with the trailer) that fits on it.

I don't have any pics of the tailgate open, the trailer was back in the storage yard against a wall.

If someone is really interested, I can get some!

Thanks!

jeeper92

Adventurer
Wow!

vERY NICE. wHAT ARE the dimensions on the tent?
If you still have this around may junish I will buy it for sure

jdholder

Explorer
The dimension for the tent can be found HERE - it's the LARGE model.

Also, if I have it by May or June, I am not a good sales guy! :)

jdholder

Explorer
Weekend is coming - interest?

Maybe I'll just keep it and buy a new truck to tow it with. Then I still need to find the TIME!

obo guys and gals

luk4mud

Explorer
Jon, I can't believe you still have this. Sign of the times I guess. For anyone who may be seriously considering this rig and cannot personally inspect it, there are quite a few of us locals who can vouch for Jon and the quality of this.

6Pins

Adventurer
rough guestimate on the weight and how $$ to ship cross country? Also, how easy would it be to re-convert it to the jeep bolt pattern?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne