diNovo Mini as input device for carputer?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I just ran across one of these while browsing the electronics store, and thought it would make a convenient input device for a carputer, if you're into the thumb typing thing:

5921.1.0.jpg
5815.1.0.jpg

Logitech ling.

Whadda ya think?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Yeah, I've seen the folding keyboards. Just thought some might like this since it is hand-held (where do you put the keyboard in a car?) and has mouse functionality bilt in, as well.

It's quite a bit bigger than most phones, so might actually be too big for thumb typing.

I don't thumb type, so am in no position to make a call on that.

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
This is on my list to get 'someday'...I played with it in the store once, and the keyboard is a little bigger than my HTC Fuze keyboard...enough for basic typing, but not for novels (or work)...for the size, portability, convenience, but not the price, i think it's a great idea...i don't like folding keyboards for the car, because you have to unfold them, and then they are big again...just my 2 cents, but i think it's a great idea :)

Travelmore

Adventurer
I have this at home for a laptop I have in my entertainment center. It works fine. From time to time it will act odd but its more likely due to the old laptop. its like the iPhone or any other non standard keyboard it takes getting used to.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I also have one for a home theater computer and I like it. It is an "elegant" piece, feels good and works well and that might help excuse the high cost. I suspect it would be as good as anything for carputer input from a seat. Keys seem adequate to me for, say, GPS input.

No experience at all, however, as to how the signal would work to get from the keyboard to its USB receiver buried in the dashboard. It'd probably work out OK since you could put the receiver on the end of a USB extension and stick it in a more open area.

RETROFIT

Observer
I had this on the home computer and really did not like it, I would rather use my iPod Touch or iPhone with AirMouse app on it than the Dinovo Mini, specially for the mouse part.

My 0.02 $

Pat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles