Trailer loadout and equipment list

I realize most here have posts describing in detail their trailer builds, what works, what doesn't, etc. But I don't see a whole lot of discussion about what you guys normally pack in your trailers?

Frankly, my build is going so slow (just got the new axle/wheels installed), that I'm only now looking at good storage options for inside.

What's your standard loadout and equipment list? Any stuff you discovered you used more than you thought you would, or stuff that you thought was important and never used?

OlympiaFJ60

Adventurer
Everything including the kitchen sink :victory:

Seriously, the trailers regular stock is, cots for family members, cooking/kitchen supplies, camp table, 4 chairs, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, campchef stove with griddle and grill box, shower/toilet enclosure and portable toilet. I think that's about it. Oh, and two, five gallon fuel cans. Food, water, clothes and sundries are usually in the truck. Depending on camping, bedding may already be in the tent too.

ddog45

Adventurer
Square kitty litter five gallon buckets with the lids work great for almost everything they have handles, are weather tight and disposable. I wanted fancy plastic boxes and drawers for my chaser trailer and opted for buckets with lids. The pack nicely and when the trip is over you can give them away or send everyone home with their own garbage in a nice little bucket. I think with the amount of money one can spend on storage systems for their trailers and rigs one family could go on a nice trip. My trailer is almost water tight so why bother if its packed right nothing moves or shifts on trails. I used my trailer over ten times this summer and pack it almost the same everytime.

Everything including the kitchen sink :victory:

Seriously, the trailers regular stock is, cots for family members, cooking/kitchen supplies, camp table, 4 chairs, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, campchef stove with griddle and grill box, shower/toilet enclosure and portable toilet. I think that's about it. Oh, and two, five gallon fuel cans. Food, water, clothes and sundries are usually in the truck. Depending on camping, bedding may already be in the tent too.

I need to get together with you, seeing as how we're 1hr distance.

ddog45, that idea is nothing short of brilliant.

85CUCV

Adventurer
ddog45
Square kitty litter five gallon buckets with the lids work great for almost everything they have handles, are weather tight and disposable. I wanted fancy plastic boxes and drawers for my chaser trailer and opted for buckets with lids. The pack nicely and when the trip is over you can give them away or send everyone home with their own garbage in a nice little bucket. I think with the amount of money one can spend on storage systems for their trailers and rigs one family could go on a nice trip. My trailer is almost water tight so why bother if its packed right nothing moves or shifts on trails. I used my trailer over ten times this summer and pack it almost the same everytime.
Why did I not think of that! I haul chains, tire chains in kitty litter buckets. I think they'll work good for some of my trailer packing. The kitty litter buckets are remarkable strong and stack well.

RandomAbstract

Adventurer
Where do you get the kitty litter boxes????

Unfortunately, I know. My wife used to raise, breed and sell purebred Maine Coon cats. Had 18 of them at one time :Wow1: Thankfully we are down to one.

Want to know how quickly 18 cats can fill up litter boxes? Didn't think so.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
Here's a quick list from memory of what goes in our Horizon. Obviously, some things will change from trip to trip based on the season, trip length, and planned activities.

Most of this stuff lives in the trailer full time, so getting ready for a trip usually just means loading food and other consumables plus a few other items. Cooking gear usually gets a thorough cleaning at home when we're cleaning the trailer, and then is put back in the trailer for the next trip. That's also a good time to restock consumables such as paper goods, etc.

Driver side box - Cooking supplies (packed in 5 plastic boxes with snap on lid)

• Set of dishes (plates, bowls, cups)
  • Cooking utensils
  • Coffee pot & coffee cups
  • Paper goods
  • Misc cooking related stuff - ziplocks, tin foil, dish towels, etc.

Passenger side box - Kitchen

• Pull out stove
  • Set of nesting pots
  • Small & large frying pan
  • Set of nest bowls for food prep/serving
  • Box of eating utensils
  • Dishwashing stuff (soap, sponge, pot scraper, small dish rack)
  • Box of spices
  • Cutting board
  • Griddle
  • Headlights
  • Flashlights
  • Propane hose for stove
  • Paper towels

Main Compartment

• Fridge on pull out slide
  • Cheap garden sprayer for clean up and dish washing
  • Folding table
  • Firewood (we use boxes of ~10" long 2x4's that we get from a local palette company because they pack so well. A box is good for 1 1/2 - 2 fires.)
  • Folding chairs
  • Small folding table
  • Large folding table
  • Pop-up garbage bag holder
  • ARB X-Jack
  • Wag Bag system (tent, folding toilet, 5 gal plastic pail with lid for used bags)
  • Dutch oven(s)
  • Charcoal (if we're planning to grill or cook in the dutch oven)
  • Charcoal chimney
  • Propane lantern
  • Tire chains (seasonal)
  • Pit-2-Go Folding grill/firebox
  • Bedding
  • Box with fire supplies (Hatchet, fire starter, matches, lighters, heavy leather gloves for dutch oven, etc.)
  • Day packs if we're planning any hiking

Nose Box

• 4D Battery
  • Propane canisters for lantern
  • A couple old towels

youwillforget

Adventurer
Load till full then stop? I thought it was load TV till full (volume or GVW) then move to empty trailer DON'T add any more! :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94