Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

Dirtytires

Explorer
Is this type of trailer approved for camping in areas w/ bear tent restrictions? I'm guessing it does since it's hardsided but wasn't sure. I like the idea but in comparison to a tent trailer w/ slide out beds you do lose a lot of space. If it allows you in those restricted areas maybe a good trade off.

Nice little trailer. They should stop painting them white.

RockyMtn303

Got this for $100...

IMG_9720_zps9d45ade9.jpeg

I don't want to spend all summer building it just in time for the trails to be snowed in, so it's cleaned up and rattle canned for now. Building a lid this weekend and picking up an RTT next weekend.

16B8F54F-2F04-4A9C-A6DD-E242581F145A_zpsvjge3gft.jpg

RockyMtn303

Nice work! Enjoy it then rebuild in the winter.
That is an ineresting lunette mount.

Ps: You stole that for $100.00!

Thanks! That's the plan, San Jaun mountains, Moab, bunch of local trails and rebuild this winter.
It is a Parkhurst M416A1, it originally had surge brakes, but someone cut the master cylinder off, that's why the lunette looks like that. I want to build a new tongue this winter.
I was talking to the owner of the trailer and showed him a pic of a Manley trailer with tent that I was about to order. He told me he had an old M416 I could have if I wanted it, that it's been sitting in the back of his buddy's car lot for 6 years or so. He brought it by my work to check out and I said I'd take it. I asked how much and he said "$100 bucks", paused and said, "you can just have it."
I gave him a $100.

Last edited:

BUZZ

I am thinking of putting a tent on a trailer and I notice that a lot put there tents on racks on top of lid of the trailer.Is there a reson for this,I would think putting it on top of lid would be better and stable.Also what do you think of a mombossa rtt tent

97tjguzzy

Explorer
I am thinking of putting a tent on a trailer and I notice that a lot put there tents on racks on top of lid of the trailer.Is there a reson for this,I would think putting it on top of lid would be better and stable.Also what do you think of a mombossa rtt tent

I mounted my tent directly to my lid. and its a mombassa. The tent is similar quality to all the other china rtts available. I think the covers are better than others.

IMG_0036.JPG

oscar022.jpg

pyrate

Rollin' along
Got this for $100...

I don't want to spend all summer building it just in time for the trails to be snowed in, so it's cleaned up and rattle canned for now. Building a lid this weekend and picking up an RTT next weekend.

Good call on taking the season and using the trailer. No better way to sort out all the things you want to do in a real environment vs guessing only to not be satisfied w/ it later.

RockyMtn303

Good call on taking the season and using the trailer. No better way to sort out all the things you want to do in a real environment vs guessing only to not be satisfied w/ it later.

Thanks. We got it out this week and had a great time and already have plans for for it's future.

005_zps177df8f1.jpg

003_zps76c5d124.jpg

006_zpsb43d79d8.jpg

0055_zps719f1092.jpg

085_zps7f132e4f.jpg

CYi5

Explorer
Finally finished an eight month build of the offroad teardrop.

5x8 Benroy Profile
Timbren Axle-less suspension
265/75/16 Geolanders on Taco rims

IMG_20140626_142113.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier