Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

Silverback07

Adventurer
High%20Water%20Trail%202017%20%2040.jpg

nikosan

It is
http://newwaveteardrop.com/ very reasonably priced trailer compared to other off road trailers. I bought the same rims and tires that matches my GX470. Shipping was the deal breaker since it is at least 2600 miles from Bainbridge,Ga to SF Bay Area. Say hi to Bobby for me. I'm having difficulty posting more pix
NickIMG_20170926_190139.jpg

Last edited:

ratled

Adventurer
It is
http://newwaveteardrop.com/ very reasonably priced trailer compared to other off road trailers. I bought the same rims and tires that matches my GX470. Shipping was the deal breaker since it is at least 2600 miles from Bainbridge,Ga to SF Bay Area. Say hi to Bobby for me. I'm having difficulty posting more pix
NickView attachment 421300

Looks like a cross between a Runaway camper out of FL and a Lead Dog/Hiker off road.......... Thanks for the link

ratled

bikemanx2

Observer
Nice! I just picked up a used Ruger Trailer and have been thinking about how to build a rack like this. Can you post some pictures of how the rack ties into the frame? Also, how hard is it to raise the rack with the tent on it? Do you have pistons that assist you? Would you do anything different if you were to start over?
hey, sorry i,missed this, the legs are square tubing that are welded to the frame, i can get pics for you. the platform is raised by a combination of gas struts and linear actuators. it's as easy as pushing a button!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Redman333

Adventurer
We finally got a trailer rental company that has a teardrop style offload trailer to rent out for $130 without the rat and $150 with the rtt.

Anyone recommend renting a trailer instead of buying and the reasons why.

I'm on the fence about what to do. Ive done some math and cost wise they are close to the same. The rental will cost more in the long run if we keep camping the way we do but the monthly costs are less. Buying will cost more monthly but will eventually be paid off. I am looking at the teardrop style trailers since that will suit my families needs most.

The company here is in Raleigh NC which is 2 hours away from me. They are Rove rentals. In case anyone is interested.(not affiliated in any way)

Heres the trailer they have for rent. I would want to buy one similar to this if I bought.

roveext.jpg
rovesho.jpg
rovekit.jpg
roveint.jpg

Lucky j

Explorer
Advantage to rental

You do not have to store it, you are bringning it back to the rental shop after your trip
You do not have to mess with issued and problems, you bring it back to the shop
You can have and uptdated version of the trailer as soon as the get a new one in the fleet so you are not stock with the model you have purchased
You do not have to worry about worn out tires or brakes.

Cons:
You can not make custom mod to your liking
You have to remove your stuff every time
You have to bring it back to the shop after every trip (2 hours away will mean a lot of time and petrol cost)
Trailer might not be available on short notice
You will not have it home for last minute departure or a small guest room for one night
A guess to have to clean it after every trip to bring it back, witch also means less time to enjoy.

The real advantage to rental is if you are not sure that you will like it and want to try the life style before spending and if you only get out every once in a while and do not want to spend that much money in to it and do not have the place to park it at home.

This is what I would think about anyway.

Navajib

Turtlebackin' the Ozarks this past week. Lovely back roads and great exploring! First outing since we picked up this trailer from CA and made its new home 'round these parts!

We love it so far:

ReasSV8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles