Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

ITTOG

Seems the process is reversed ending up with a converted cargo trailer.

All good ways to go.
There are many reasons I got rid of the cargo trailer but the main ones are it was too much for the truck to pull and cause the fuel mileage to drop below 7 mi per gallon. There were different things I could do to bump it up some but whenever I got into hills the turbos always spoiled up and drank too much gas. The other reason, the location I took it was very difficult terrain and the trailer was getting beat up. Another it became a storage issue.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Treefarmer1

You probably have minimal sag with your dually. How is the hitch arranged? Is it the Australian style that bolts on? If so, you can even look at bolting it on underneath the tongue if that helps. I've had mine both on top and below in my search for the best compromise. It is supposed to be at a certain ride height when towing, but a little one way or the other is fine to get the leveling just right.View attachment 807837View attachment 807838
I'm thinking the undermount strategy might just get us that last little bit we want!

Raspy

I'm thinking the undermount strategy might just get us that last little bit we want!
And, if anything, it is actually stronger under the tongue as it is not hanging on the bolts that way. But in extreme conditions, it might get dragged on the ground. Also, if mounting it under the tongue also lowers the receiver side to match, the backup camera might not see the receiver. In my current position, above the tongue, the camera does always see the receiver and always gives me a continuous warning buzzer when in reverse. I'm thinking of re-configuring it again, or pointing the camera slightly higher.

Treefarmer1

And, if anything, it is actually stronger under the tongue as it is not hanging on the bolts that way. But in extreme conditions, it might get dragged on the ground. Also, if mounting it under the tongue also lowers the receiver side to match, the backup camera might not see the receiver. In my current position, above the tongue, the camera does always see the receiver and always gives me a continuous warning buzzer when in reverse. I'm thinking of re-configuring it again, or pointing the camera slightly higher.
What's a back-up camera? :) (We're old school).

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I have a wired back up camera on my trailer but my new Lexus GX does not have a after market system to run camera to dash monitor. Don't really miss it. The only thing I used it for was to check my bikes on rear hitch. I never trusted it when backing up

Treefarmer1

I have a wired back up camera on my trailer but my new Lexus GX does not have a after market system to run camera to dash monitor. Don't really miss it. The only thing I used it for was to check my bikes on rear hitch. I never trusted it when backing up
Do you still have the van or did you sell that after getting the Lexus? That van was pretty cool as a tow vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior