Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Anza: You got me thinking about this. I could do this swap with my 116A2 frame.

Attachments

• 197799_414403045265528_1440195103_n.jpg
    197799_414403045265528_1440195103_n.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 41

brentbba

Explorer
Here is the progress of mine as of yesterday. Heading to the fabricator to get the lid made next week.

View attachment 107101View attachment 107102

Can't wait to see your progress with a lid. AT jerry can carriers? Did you even contemplate mounting them on the side of the trailer in front of the wheels? I've got a propane tank mounted where your carriers are and thinking about mounting jerry can carriers forward of the fenders.

AnzaJeep

Observer
Very clever, Anza. Did you chop off the other side and create the awning?

I really didn't change anything about the original pop up camper except for enlarging the wheel wells and building a metal frame to support it and allow for me to pull it off the frame.

AnzaJeep

Observer
Anza: You got me thinking about this. I could do this swap with my 116A2 frame.

That would be perfect. I know I looked into trying to find a trailer frame that would work (for my purposes) with my Coleman Colorado, but I just couldn't find anything that wouldn't take a lot of modification. With you already having the trailer, you might be able to find a pop up that would work with that. I will say that it is the perfect solution for camping and hauling flexibility.

New Horizons Overland

NEWHORIZONSOVERLAND
I did consider it. The previous owner had welded a piece of 1 1/2 square tube to the front of the trailer. It stuck out exactly the same distance as the bottm of the trailer. The carriers fit perfect there so I changed my mind. I did have to move the parking brake handle a few inches though.

Can't wait to see your progress with a lid. AT jerry can carriers? Did you even contemplate mounting them on the side of the trailer in front of the wheels? I've got a propane tank mounted where your carriers are and thinking about mounting jerry can carriers forward of the fenders.

Fresno

Adventurer
From Desert Rat from Humvee.net

download.php

download.php

Last edited:

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Bubblegoose1: That so needs to be reworked to match your jeep.
Wheels, tires, Exoskeleton, paint I am waiting for the build!

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
Bubblegoose1: That so needs to be reworked to match your jeep.
Wheels, tires, Exoskeleton, paint I am waiting for the build!

I can't go too crazy on this one. Bought it for the wifey/BOSS. She likes to be more comfortable than I need for camping. Starting with better paint match, lift and wheels/tires will get things rolling. She approved of those already ;)

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
^^^I'll need that in 8'x10' format please, lol...

Another great picture, brought to us by another great ExPo member. Damn I love this forum.

I know it pales with being there, but please keep sharing! :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94