Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

huskyfargo

Adventurer
I saw that your company was featured on Gearpatrol.com yesterday. Congrats!

Here are a few new favorite shoots of mine.

fc1-sm_zpsc1f9eebb.jpg

fc7_zps785f4d47.jpg

Oogs

No build blog. It's a Sportsmobile trailer I bought off Ebay 9 years ago. As far as I know its the only one ever made entirely of diamond plate aluminum. I love it and seeing as I don't own I pickup truck its served me well for vacation and trips to the dump or for getting firewood. I'm about to over haul it. The plan is to have the frame blasted and powder coated, bed coating in key places and all new wiring. I'd also like some sort of spare tire carrier, but thats at the bottom of the list for now.

Oogs

No drop down tent, I sleep in the Sportsmobile. Although I do have onboard air, dual deep cycles a small solar charger and water pump setup on the trailer.

General Automag

Adventurer
Our trailer is built with a pneumatic cylinder. You hook up any air supply, open the valve, and raise the tent platform with one hand. Right now, I'm using a portable DC air compressor http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/compressor.html, but I am considering either mounting a separate tank on the trailer and or eventually installing a compressor on the trailer.

I looked a several iterations of the same type of lift setup and decided over air simply because it was a much simpler and less expensive option than batteries and an electric motor and lift.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 58

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Our trailer is built with a pneumatic cylinder. You hook up any air supply, open the valve, and raise the tent platform with one hand. Right now, I'm using a portable DC air compressor, but I am considering either mounting a separate tank on the trailer and or eventually installing a compressor on the trailer.

I looked a several iterations of the same type of lift setup and decided over air simply because it was a much simpler and less expensive option than batteries and an electric motor and lift.

I really liked the lift setup for the tent since it allows the tent to be stowed well down below the air flow that comes off the top of your Cruiser. I also like the way the lid acts as a shelf and the crank-down stabilizer at the rear of the trailer too!

General Automag

Adventurer
Thanks! The fold down shelves and the roof top tent itself serve as a heavy lock or theft deterrent. Perhaps two strong men would be able to lift up the roof top tent on the platform, but we haven't been able to do it. As far as waterproofing the trailer once the roof top tent platform is in the down position, we decided not to. We use waterproof storage containers, and the trailer still has the original drain plugs that work well.

When the next modifications or improvements are made, I will consider getting a tarp cut that will cover it all up so we can store it outside for the winter if needed. This will definitely keep all any water.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO
New favorite pic.

Just picked-up this little Jeep follower yesterday. Traded my basic 5-wide for it. Can't wait to camp.
2012-10-10_17-46-26_236.jpg

toymaster

Explorer
Milddle of July on Lulu pass Montana
IMG-20120713-00054-M.jpg

IMG-20120713-00042-M.jpg

Snow and flowers :victory:

IMG-20120713-00041-M.jpg

IMG-20120713-00055-M.jpg

My boy and youngest daughter playing in the snow, well 'tis ice by then.

IMG-20120713-00049-M.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles