Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
UPdate. A couple pages back I told the story of all my off-road, tow-behinds. In a couple weeks 7 men and 3 truck campers will be doing the Mojave Road, aka: the government road from the 1860's: an ancient two-track across the Mojave desert from Fort Mohave on the Colorado river to just east of Barstow. It's variously about 140 across the desert. Do you see the looming problem? With that many folks it cuts down your 2nd seat storage space. What to do...what to do? Oh yes, the latest incarnation of the off-road tow-behind is found below hitched up to one of the truck campers (mine).
You can see the hitch arrangement, the truss rod under the tongue and the lightweight cedar sides. The tow has new trailer tires and repacked wheel bearings since it's a 1955 Bradley it needed some TLC.
regards, as always, jefe
DSCN0433_zpsa916ed17.jpg

DSCN0432_zpsfba2475f.jpg

DSCN0438_zps969041cd.jpg

DSCN0435_zps82b1031f.jpg

DSCN0439_zps953fd483.jpg

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I would suggest a multi-axis coupler for that trailer. Either a Max or a Lock N Roll. There is a section of the Mojave trail across Lanfair Valley (west of the school bus) that has some significant ruts and off camber sections (for that narrow trailer). I think that traditional ball hitch will be put to the test. At the very least, make sure its is well greased.

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
nw,
Thanks for the advice. I've been over the road before in my pickup and know the place you are talking about. The trailer has a pretty wide track (at least a lot wider than all the militaries I've had) and is almost as wide as the front track on the Dodge. I"ve done some experimenting with truck vs. trailer twisting and can get at least 40 degrees out of that old cast minimal edge coupler. I think I'll go with the tried-and-true pintel down the road as the newest coupler versions are higher bucks than I am. Plus, I have 3 trailers ( Bradley, 2 axle horse trailer, 2 axle car hauler) that all use the same 2" ball on an XJ, a CJ8, my Kioti tractor and my pickup, so it would be tough to keep changing formats. I will grease the ball. The only thing I worry about is sand getting up in the grease.
regards, as always, jefe

JKMikey

Observer
Here are a couple of mine. I've only had it for a short while at the end of the season. I hope to get out more this spring/summer/fall.

7884026270_d69b172660_z.jpg

7883999114_0797b6d761_z.jpg

7883999276_1c2afc78db_z.jpg

JKMikey

Observer
How do you like the kakadu?

I love it, but like I said, only been out a few times. We took a trip from Calgary, to Prince Rupert, and then down to Nelson and home with it. Handled the backroads we went down great, and it was very quick to set up and take down. I think it is more suited to using it as a basecamp (just because of the size), but moving around each day wasn't a problem.

cumminsboy

027.jpg

2013 tacoma pyrite mica 6 speed sport. picked up the m416 last week for $600. has a tailgate and 12volt lights. no rust! The package is replacing a 2003 cummins for firewood and coal with lots and lots of trout fishing in the mon forest in the mix!

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
I love it, but like I said, only been out a few times. We took a trip from Calgary, to Prince Rupert, and then down to Nelson and home with it. Handled the backroads we went down great, and it was very quick to set up and take down. I think it is more suited to using it as a basecamp (just because of the size), but moving around each day wasn't a problem.

Any pictures of your tent trailer setup!
Do you know your ground clearance?

JKMikey

Observer
Any pictures of your tent trailer setup!
Do you know your ground clearance?

I'm not sure on the ground clearance. I'm not home for 10 days, so I can't measure, but can get back to you then.

Here are a few pictures set up. First 3 are from out BC roadtrip

8530606973_de234b51c9_z.jpg

8531721772_492a3813f0_z.jpg

8531723960_2a70e26afa_z.jpg

This one shows the sunroom wall kit. We set this up when we were stationary for a few days.

7884001664_c591f43597_z.jpg

AlexJet

Explorer

Kellikastle

trkDay3a.jpg
IMG228_zpsa788eedb.jpg
IMG227_zps6aa9788b.jpg
2004 GMC 4x4, 1976 Idol-Time camper, 1986 Ford 8 foot truck bed trailer with dual fuel tanks. Going to use one for gasoline, for the generators and one as a transfer tank for diesel. Just painted it and replaced the shocks, next project, new tires and a lunette hitch for the trailer. Also planning on a camper shell for the trailer, it is only for cargo, food, water, fuel and generators. Yes, that is my Castle in the pictures.
90570f43-d93f-4aed-b69e-66471f0d4177_zpsa6175067.jpg
notag2_zpscbb7fbaa.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles