Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

TheThom

Adventurer
2vn5pxw.jpg

So what happens if you get promoted? Do you have to find new stickers (just a little ribbing from a fellow O4)

transalper

Explorer
My fav pic of the Kamparoo Cub from a few years ago (I miss that 4runner). Somewhere in Wyoming.

uvubavag.jpg

Sent from mobile device. Pardon the brevity.

Hags Overlanding

Trying to be good at this
Only one of the new(er) truck and trailer so far

Sent from my SOMETHING using an app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371345766590.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371345766590.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 116

Volcanic Iceberg

These were taken on the last Arizona strip expedition. Still a work in progress. This trailer is home built, unique in design. It is a pop up made from 2 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 tubs and tops chopped and fabricated together. The top section holds a queen mattress, all my bedding, a 60" table, and the tent enclosure. Ultimately, below the bed, the front section will contain a propane tank, 18 gal water tank, battery, electrics, toilet, shower, and a 70" slide out kitchen with bar, sink, stove, lantern mast, and drawers for kitchen storage all coverd by a pole-less awning. The rear section is left open for camping gear storage. It has dual swingout spares and a tailgate for an additional work space. Rear corners have reciever tubes out each side for accessorie platforms (I.E. fridge opposite kitchen) or stabalizer jacks. Also has a reciever hitch out the back for recovery or winch mount. Sand ladders, shovel, axe, etc. all mount to the front above tongue. Sand ladders act as a shield for debris. Currently set up with a rotating lunet for maximum articulation. additional pictures in my build thread: http://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech/247851-expedition-trailer-made-fj40-tub.html

Attachments

• IMGP6451.jpg
    IMGP6451.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 126
  • WP_20130517_001 (2).jpg
    WP_20130517_001 (2).jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMGP3260%20(2).jpg
    IMGP3260%20(2).jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I use mine pretty much year around, this was the back way up to Idyllwild. It ended up being 22 inches before it was over with. Slid into a ditch, but never got a single picture of the solo recovery. The wife just sat in the truck and stayed warm. It sure was fun going and getting back.

Bob

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 127

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
We have been camping for many years. My wife gave up on tent camping about 10 years ago. Middle of July, Navajo Lake, UT and 12 inches of snow. F That was her comment. Never liked the roof top tent/trailer at all. The teardrop she will go pretty much any time, any where. We have camped in it at 23 degrees, toasty and warm. Putting a propex propane heater in it soon. I have a heat strip set up with AC, and it works fantastic, but running a generator at 11k is noisy no matter what kind. I have actually never used it do to that reason. Came close last year on the mesa by Glenwood Springs. This year there will be the propane heater for sure. 8 inch memory foam mattress makes a big difference to. Will never go back to a tent trailer, hate the mildew smell and the folding hinge in the middle of the bed.

67tank

Observer
We have been camping for many years. My wife gave up on tent camping about 10 years ago. Middle of July, Navajo Lake, UT and 12 inches of snow. F That was her comment. Never liked the roof top tent/trailer at all. The teardrop she will go pretty much any time, any where. We have camped in it at 23 degrees, toasty and warm. Putting a propex propane heater in it soon. I have a heat strip set up with AC, and it works fantastic, but running a generator at 11k is noisy no matter what kind. I have actually never used it do to that reason. Came close last year on the mesa by Glenwood Springs. This year there will be the propane heater for sure. 8 inch memory foam mattress makes a big difference to. Will never go back to a tent trailer, hate the mildew smell and the folding hinge in the middle of the bed.

I always wondered if the RTT suffered from those two issues ( mildew smell and the folding hinge in the middle of the bed ) Thanks for the insight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles