Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

Volcanic Iceberg

I have been watching this forum for quite awhile and have gained tons of info! I figured it was time to throw out a picture of my set up. This is my '87 Jeep Wrangler with my 2x4x6 trailer that I built. The trailer started its life as a portable road construction sign. I've managed to change it a little since then. It has a two foot section in the front with doors on each side and a drop down tailgate in the back of the 4 foot section. I put a Thule roof rack on it and have bike racks and a kayak rack for it. I have a 5 pound propane tank to mount on it somewhere yet and would like to set up a battery box with lights and outlets sometime. I have a portable battery pack for now. I have a table that attaches above the fender too for cooking on. I would love to get a set of tires for it that match the Wrangler as well someday. Always a work in progress!

View attachment 168878
Similar form factor as mine, sans pop top. I dig it.

smote

1997 M101A2 with a poor man's RTT, 30 gallons of water, water heater, cook top on the side, offset umbrella "to be replaced with rain flies rear and side.
matching wheel, tires and RED paint to my 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD crew, custom cover 2.5 gallon jerry can, propane tank with didtribution tree.
I dig it, except for the matching wheels. Thats just trying too hard. :p
I've been looking for a M101 for a while but happened upon what I have now (stay tuned for a build thread). As a former military, I know how useful they can be, but in my area they're spendy.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I dig it, except for the matching wheels. Thats just trying too hard. :p
I've been looking for a M101 for a while but happened upon what I have now (stay tuned for a build thread). As a former military, I know how useful they can be, but in my area they're spendy.

It was to easy to just bolt them on, no axle change as you already know.
The military has benn dumping the M101A2, A3 trailers cheap on the GL auctions.

Next for me is to find a 1102.

Post your pictures soon.

ISSY

ISSY, Did you get the rebuild bug yet?

Matching paint and wheels, lift add ons?

I really want to put the springs over the axle and paint it to match the Jeep, add a lid for it. But I just picked up a 1998 F350 to plow my yard with and that used up my play money for the year. I did just pick up a set of hub adapters off of this forum that will allow me to run JK wheels on the M416's hubs.
Gotta say though, it pulled great on our camping trip last last week

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Use the plow truck to make money when the snow flies.
Tear the trailer down over the winter and add all the extras them.
Next season it will be ready to roll and match perfect.

chevyexpotruck

Observer
I posted a pic of my rig/trailer in my other thread, but I guess I will post it here too. Might help give other people ideas for their trailers.

20130701_133603.jpg
20130701_133546.jpg

chevyexpotruck

Observer
The pioneer tool trailers can be hard to find in certain areas. But if you are willing to take a little drive, you can usually find them for very reasonable prices all over the place.

There are basically two styles of pioneer tool trailer, with a variation with one of them.

DSC02659.JPG

One trailer has a ribbed doors and is a little bit shorter (in length) than the other with the smooth doors.

The trailers with the ribbed doors have two variations. One has a tailgate on the rear, and the other doesn't. I made mine with the version with a tailgate.

DSC05402.JPG

The little tailgate lets me do some work on it. I have used it to cook on. It also lets me stand on it to help open/close the RTT.

Great little trailers. I initially bought 3 of them, but ended up selling one of the ribbed door units (one without a tailgate) and kept two. I still have the slightly longer one with the smooth doors.

I will post up a little build thread of the trailer this weekend for those interested.

Woods

Explorer
Great post. Excellent trailer edumacation.

Looking forward to seeing the build thread.

The pioneer tool trailers can be hard to find in certain areas. But if you are willing to take a little drive, you can usually find them for very reasonable prices all over the place.

There are basically two styles of pioneer tool trailer, with a variation with one of them.

View attachment 170653

One trailer has a ribbed doors and is a little bit shorter (in length) than the other with the smooth doors.

The trailers with the ribbed doors have two variations. One has a tailgate on the rear, and the other doesn't. I made mine with the version with a tailgate.

View attachment 170659

The little tailgate lets me do some work on it. I have used it to cook on. It also lets me stand on it to help open/close the RTT.

Great little trailers. I initially bought 3 of them, but ended up selling one of the ribbed door units (one without a tailgate) and kept two. I still have the slightly longer one with the smooth doors.

I will post up a little build thread of the trailer this weekend for those interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste