Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

MaverickTRD

Adventurer
My truck only comes in a 5' bed.

true enough. Did you ever consider a Ranger bed? Do you find the size to be adequate? I only ask because my truck too has a 5ft bed, and if I got a taco bed trailer i think i'd run out of space again with the small bed haha. then again, the more space the more crap i stuff in there

Demo1986

Observer
i wanted a matching bed but i knew i would be compromising size. if i just wanted a trailer i would have built/bought a different now. i will work with what i have but i'm happy with my decision.

your truck came in both long and short bed so just build the long bed. same tail lights and bed design. i would if i had that option.

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
1speed... I love your setup there. Would you be interested in talking offline more about what you are running and the trailer?

Ya man, no problem. If anyone else would like to, just PM me and i'll shoot ya my contact info.

for you guys using truckbed trailers, what made the decision to use a 5ft bed opposed to a 6footer?

We'll see if I regret the decision, sometimes I worry she's too small, but size wise, I wanted to keep the trailer as compact as possible and still be functional, but try to get as close to the Xterra's wheelbase as I can. The Frontier of the generation my Xterra is based off of has the choice of either a 56.3 or 74.6 inch bed, and the long bed would of been much easier to find (in the price I wanted to pay), but I only needed the bed that was the length that would work for my RTT, and with the short bed, I planned to make a storage box up front to be able to always have kit stored in the trailer, but not take up any bed space. I could of done it technically the 74" and used a truck bed tool box, but then I can't run a solid tonneau cover; a 6ft bed with a storage box up front would be either too long, too out of proportion, or the storage box almost useless. I'm working the details (in my head) for a slide/fold out kitchen/camping setup, but make it somewhat easy to remove if and when I need to use it for general use, but that part is still a ways away.

Last edited:

CYi5

Explorer
DSC_0611.JPG

DSC_0765.JPG

DSC_0793.JPG

DSC_0727.JPG

Terex

Adventurer
At Aguirre Spring Campground at the base of the Organ Mountains in southern NM. VMI Offroad Canyon and JGC Overland Diesel.

IMG_1351.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94