Post favorite pics of your rig and trailer

cj_josh

The bar has just been raised.

Where is that in Mexico?

Thanks!! The trip was fantastic!

The first two pictures were in Guatemala - the one by the lake with the volcano in the background is Panajachel on Lake Atitlan and the other is somewhere between Atitlan and Huehuetenango.
The Pic with the Palms is Bahia Conception on the Baja and the other two are at Playa Tecolote (100% free) near La Paz, also on the Baja.

We have so many pictures from the entire trip - it's hard to decide what to post!

cj_josh

How was the trip to those area with a trailer? For any reason, we rearly here of overlanding or traveling to mexico or central america with a trailer. More often do we hear about some kind of enclosed vehicule doing this trip.

Nice pictures btw!

The trailer worked perfectly for us. It's small enough that it tracks perfectly behind the 4runner. If the 4runner fits through a tight space or turn - the trailer follows right in it's footsteps and likewise fits. We considered putting the RTT on the 4Runner, but we didn't want to have to tear down camp every time we wanted to go explore somewhere, additionally - the added storage space of the trailer was VERY handy. We also considered an enclosed vehicle but for the same reasons as mentioned above - we decided to go with the tent. An enclosed vehicle does have the advantage of being able to boondock or sleep for the night in unsuspecting places with the added ability to just drive off if you don't feel safe.. However, we weren't in a hurry and knew we wanted to stay in some locations for weeks at a time - so we were able to set up our base camp (which we could for the most part lock down securely when we would leave it) and then we were free to take the truck and explore during the days. In 6 months of travel and leaving the trailer set up in places the only thing that went missing was a small lantern that we forgot to put away one day.. The only downfall was that we paid a little extra on tolls through Mexico for the trailer but it was negligible.

The trailer is set up with:
2 deep cycle batteries
100w Renogy Solar Panel
26 Gallon Water tank and pump with valve and hose attachment on the exterior of trailer
plenty of LED lights
ARB Refrigerator/Freezer
2 Burner Coleman Stove and 2 11lb propane tanks
Pots, Pans, Dishes, Food Storage, Etc.
2 Gerry cans (5 Gallon)
XL sized camping lab RTT (mattress is the same size as a King Size mattress)
Camping Lab awning, screen room attachment and vestibule
Shovel and Axe
4ft folding table
Camp Chairs, First Aid supplies, etc, etc, etc....

uscg2008

Explorer
Finished up my interior wiring and insulation more pics in the build
05978ed16ed98e730c9cfa41e4c655c2_zpsb48049c7.jpg

14a62e87d117a801f848104b4f8affef_zps5aec7142.jpg

853cc6d9b0109dbc5c42f1ebadb58a5b_zps51105d25.jpg

pyrate

Rollin' along
I picked up a McWelco tool box for the tongue and I'm still in the market for a tailgate.

80462a078929a9117bc84b52df38693b.jpg

I'm always sort of surprised this isn't done more. The expedition trailers are such the trend yet the we spend $$$ on them. Is there a reason we don't see more wrecked trucks w/ the tail end turned into expedition trailer? Is it because it makes us think of some of the less than fashionable rigs of the days past?

pyrate

Rollin' along
I've always been a fan of matching trailers. It's much easier and cheaper to do it this way
I agree. I've never found an exact copy to do it but it sure seems like an easier and potentially less expensive way to do it. Plus the characteristics are the same as the vehicle.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
11043212_10152572056186986_6377766382487244718_n_zpsseiregr1.jpg

Maiden voyage for the newly lifted trailer. Went from 175/80/13 trailer tires and wheels to matching 235/75/15 Kumho Road Venture MT KL71s.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Trailer

On the Camino Del Diablo Feb. 2015.

Attachments

• ELCAMINODELDIABLODAY2(25).jpg
    ELCAMINODELDIABLODAY2(25).jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Camino525.jpg
    Camino525.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 110

Awl_TEQ

Made it myself. Aluminum copy of a classic military style.

First rays of sunshine after three days of rain in Northern Alberta
IMG_4831.jpg
15min from home
IMG_4743.jpg
Somewhere in Utah
IMG_4722.jpg

Last edited:

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Welcome ...and with that kind of skills you will be a great addition to this site.
Still in the snow belt just North of you at least for the next couple of days. Temps to +12.
We are planning an informal Alberta camp out sometime this summer.
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz